Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Rear Wiper Blade Replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 10:27 AM

Update... The $6 wiper purchased on Ebay was junk (big surprise) and needs replacing already. The build quality was horrible and the tabs that held the cheapo rubber blade in place broke while I was attempting to remove the blade to see about replacing it with a refill. I guess now I know, right?

Now I'm going the route of the AutoTex PINK Universal Specialty Rear Wiper, as detailed by Burtonrider10022. The specific model is "AP-R11" and the manufacturer site directs you to Amazon for online purchase. This is an 11" wiper that will fit the Outlander Sport with standard rear spoiler. Not sure about those with the optional larger spoiler, maybe someone can confirm?

Autotex is interested in updating their wiper size lookup to reflect compatibility with the 2011 Outlander Sport. There is even hope that doing so will also prompt inclusion of the correct connector. So, can anyone here confirm compatibility with other years and styles?

Originally Posted by janthenat
After trying the Trico Exact Fit 12-B wiper from Autozone, and discovering it is just a bit too long, I ended up getting a replacement 10" wiper for my 2011 Outlander Sport on ebay for $6 (free shipping), from China of course. Apparently the Suzuki Swift & SX4 2005+ uses the same roc lock 3 style 10" wiper. It is just like the original and works perfectly.

I was afraid to try an 11" since I had already been burned with the 12". Anyone tried it yet?

So now I have a practically unused Trico Exact Fit 12-B available if anyone wants it. $5 + shipping.

Old 10-31-2013, 03:53 AM

I contacted AutoTex after confirming it worked, but the nice woman who usually answers was out for the day. They guy said he's leave her a message to call me back, but she never did. I'll try calling again today.

As for the spoiler, that's a very good point you bring up. To the best of my knowledge, the larger spoiler only increases the length, not the height of the spoiler, but I have absolutely no proof to back that up. Good catch.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Default Outlander back window wiper

I got mine at Autozone.

Old 11-27-2013, 07:47 AM

Recently got this one, $10.99

Old 11-28-2013, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
Recently got this one, $10.99
The 12" wiper blades will NOT fit the Outlander SPORT. We have a smaller rear windshield than you guys and the 12" blade will whack the spoiler/3rd brake lamp.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:47 AM

Well it was not mentioned that you have minor version.
It fits my full-sized Outie LOL

Old 04-16-2014, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Burtonrider10022
11" Wiper works!!!

Old 10" wiper lying on top of the new 11" wiper. 11" is attached to the wiper arm.

Blade clears the 3rd brake light by about 1/2 an inch. Just enough to leave some wiggle room, but close enough to make me happy.

Now, the issues: What I bought:

AutoTex PINK AP-R11 Black Universal Rear Wiper Blade - 11", (Pack of 1) : Amazon.com : Automotive

The red arrow points to the adapter I received, the green points to the one I need. I had expected to receive all 4, and even the back of the packaging leads me to believe that I was SUPPOSED to receive all 4. I contacted the manufacturer and they sent me the correct adapter. Working great now!

For anyone thinking this is overkill, the extra inch adds a substantial amount of cleaned window.

it is an AutoTex PINK Universal Rear Wiper Blade. It is an 11 inch and requires the use of their "CAP B" adapter.

AutoTex PINK Universal Specialty Rear Wiper Blade | AutoTex Windshield Wiper Blades for passenger cars and trucks as well as heavy duty bus, truck, rv, and more.

I ordered it from Amazon for under $10 and it's Prime eligible.

Here you can see really well just how much more cleaned area you get

and here you can see A. that it's close, but does in fact clear the 3rd brake lamp, and B. again how much more wiped area.

How are these auto teks holding up?
Thanks in advance

Old 04-29-2015, 05:54 PM

SOLD!!! Thanks a million!!

Old 05-21-2015, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Burtonrider10022
Full size Outlander uses a 12" blade, and commonly called the a 12-B, rock lock 3, or H2 style arm.
What is the maximum size that can be fitted for the rear of a Full Size Outlander ?. I bought today a 12" rear from Canadian Tire and it is too small. It is even smaller than the one I have on the car right now (I am not the first owner). The reason I ask is because I want to install a rear video camera right under the stop light and I want the window to be clean and clear all the way to the top otherwise the camera might record a blurry video.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:50 PM

After a lot of hunting, I finally found this Trico Exact Fit rear 10" blade from O'Reilly online. I just put it on during my lunch hour, and it took less than 2 minutes. Functioning well so far, but rain will be the true test, of course.
Yes, I had to pay to have it shipped to me, but I am traveling at the end of this week and I needed it.

2014 Outlander Sport

Quick Reply: Rear Wiper Blade Replacement?