Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

removal of kick panels

Old 09-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Default removal of kick panels

as i've found the outlander's kick panels a bit obtrusive, especially the one adjoining that rather poor excuse for a dead-pedal, i made a faint attempt to remove it by undoing that plastic screw-retainer, but was unable to get the panel out without yanking it to the point of possible destruction. has anyone experience with these new-fangled interior panels? what ever happened to simple, damned screws and clips? "tricked-out" and "overhaulin'" make it look too easy to be true....

Old 09-17-2006, 06:56 PM
Default RE: removal of kick panels

I'm not sure why you had issues- mine were removed and reinstalled rather easily. Make sure you didn't move any of your wires inadvertently after you removed the panel.
"Overhaulin" always has Chip Foose and 7 other guys to put their kick panels back in place too...lol

Old 09-18-2006, 08:11 PM

i removed the screw-retainers, but as i was exerting pressure, all i did was bend it seemingly short of breaking it instead of it's coming out.
i really don't know if the force needed to remove it is greater than that which is enough to permanently bend or break it; i felt like i was very close. it's not easy to get something under there. i'll give 'em another try when i can garner some patience....

Old 09-27-2006, 08:09 PM
drh

ORIGINAL: dirtwagon

I'm not sure why you had issues- mine were removed and reinstalled rather easily. Make sure you didn't move any of your wires inadvertently after you removed the panel.
"Overhaulin" always has Chip Foose and 7 other guys to put their kick panels back in place too...lol
someone vote for me to be overhauled.. think a 350 will fit under the hood?

Old 09-27-2006, 09:44 PM

....lol, I entered a while back to have my car "pimped" by Xzibit....wonder why he's no knocking on my door.
I don't want it pimped, I just want a bunch of free performance mods

Old 09-28-2006, 12:23 AM
drh

yeah id be great with the performance mods, but ill pass on the paint jobs they do.. and theres no damn telling as to what crazy contraption that would be coming out of my car..

Old 09-28-2006, 02:24 PM

Yeah- the crazy paint and bling-bling rims they put on most cars would kill me. But, there's always another coat of paint that be done and bling-bling rims would sell on Ebay for a fair chunk of change to fund the new paint. They have actually done a couple cars really nice, but I knew I had an ice cubes chance in hell to begin with..lol

Old 09-28-2006, 04:51 PM
drh

The last cougar they did rocked *** other than all the ridiculous monitors all over the headliner.. I would love to get my mangy paws on that car