Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Replace your OE Rearview Mirror - Install pics here

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 02:31 AM
Default RE: Replace your OE Rearview Mirror - Install pics here

I resize to 640 x 480 and use Photobucket to host.

Old 04-08-2007, 02:13 AM

Excellent post!

Maybe this thread should be stickied and locked?

Old 04-08-2007, 02:32 AM

There are a few things that should be sticky but I dont think many mods come in here.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:17 PM

almost never. which is good for us, we can pretty much control our own bit in here... which I like.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:17 PM

course, it helps too that we are all friends in here, and take each others ribbing well.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:32 PM

rdenis,
This is a great post.Theinstructions are great, but unfortunately i'm not a wiz with wiring or electricity. I apologize if these questions sound remedial, but in the immortal words of Carlos Mencia...Dee-Dee-Dee. Besides, if we all had the same talents and skillslife would be dull.

I have a Homelink/Auto Dim mirro that looks almost identical to yours and want to connect it up so it only works when the car is in ACC or ON.

If you didn't want the homelink buttons to be powered on at all times what would you tap into? The #7 point only?

Do the T-connects allow you to tap into the existing wire and pull current?

Did you take a ground wire all the way to the floor and connect under the carpet?

Thanx

Old 01-29-2008, 12:35 PM

Would anyone be willing to make a similar post showing how to connect it to the dome light for us slow guys?

Old 05-25-2008, 08:54 PM

I bought, on eBay, a Gentech mirror with compass and Homelink. I tied into the dome light circuit just inches away as mentioned in an earlier post. What I struggled with is finding the wire that provided constant 12v power. The wire that I used has a voltage drop as the lights dim after the car is locked.The voltage drops to my mirror and the compass display goes to two zeros (00). It retains its memory though and works well. There is a lot of available metal (hence grounded) brackets to drill a whole into and run a self-tapping ground screw into. I don't have MMCS with an SE, so I use a portable GPS receiver using the 3d view. Since north rotates with the current course, it is nice to have a compass.

I place my receiver on the lower left windshield just above the right left vent. I ran the power cord behind the A pillar cover and pulled it into the dash. I bought a female 12v lighter adapter and zipped this bundle to the metal bracket just under and left of the steering column. I wired the positive to the accessory fuse #13 (I think) that shuts off when the key is turned off thus powering down the receiver.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:58 AM

For those who don't need home link but only auto dimming mirror & don't want to mess with new wirings, I suggest the clip-on
auto dimming mirrors by www.alphamirrordirect.com very effective & easy solution.

[IMG]local://upfiles/18245/450E5F3A05DE423DB4E0B55C0C55D299.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-22-2008, 02:41 PM

I thought about getting one of those also but wasnt sure, What color did you get, does it work good ?

Quick Reply: Replace your OE Rearview Mirror - Install pics here