Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Rockford Fosgate help

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 09:23 PM
Default Rockford Fosgate help

I have a 2014 outlander with the Rockford Fosgate radio and was wondering if anyone knows if there is a factory reset I can do for the radio? Any secret combination of buttons? Very little information about this radio online without the navigation. I don't want to resort to unplugging the battery if I don't have to. What I am trying to reset is the handsfree speaker. The first night I had the car I selected passenger side speaker and I have never been able to change it again. The beep volume is right above it in the menu and that I can change fine, but the handsfree speaker option now is always grayed out. I tried car off, accessory mode, removed my cell phone from the radio's memory, tried another cell phone, while idling, while driving, stopped with the emergency brake on, basically anything I can think of. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:20 AM

So what is the issue exactly?

Old 07-27-2014, 09:53 PM

>> selected passenger side speaker...
What do you mean by this? I have a 2014 Outlander with non-mmcs head unit and Rockford Fosgate.
>>handsfree speaker option now is always grayed out
Could you post some pictures please. Are you using Bluetooth connection in your phone or connecting some other way? It is hard to tell from your post

Old 07-28-2014, 09:42 PM

Sorry guys for the confusion. I am trying to change the telephone speaker setting. I have attached a picture of it in the menu. My issue is choosing the output for my blue tooth phone calls through the driver speaker, through the passenger speaker, stuff like that. my phone calls are currently output through the passenger side speaker and have to turn up the volume almost all the way.

Attached Thumbnails Rockford Fosgate help-img-20140726-01055.jpg  
Old 07-29-2014, 09:44 PM

I am going to check, but don't remember this ever NOT being grayed out

Old 08-02-2014, 06:09 AM

OutlanderGTT

The manual clearly states that these options will only become available if "A hands-free kit (available separately) must be connected". So it looks like it is not expected to work with Bluetooth phones. I tried all possible modes (in a call, standby, etc.) but these settings stay grayed out

In regards to volume setting during Bluetooth calls, I have to set mine to at least 35 to be loud enough to carry out a conversation.

Attached Thumbnails Rockford Fosgate help-20140801_203406_640x480.jpg  
Old 08-20-2014, 08:45 PM

Thanks for sending the pic and I do see it clearly called out in the guide. Its just weird because both my wife and I remember it being a not grayed out option and us saying just leave it to passenger side setting so we can decide later. Only on the first night we had the car it wasn't grayed out.
I was interested in resetting the radio to factory defaults in general and was wondering if there was a secret combination of buttons or something.
I take it there also is no way for the radio to default to song title when I start the car either? Its annoying to be listening to sirius everyday and every time I start the car I have to hit the info button because I don't want it to default to the presets screen. This is a feature that's about to make me change to an aftermarket radio.