Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

squeaky sound coming from wheel (sound recorded)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 07:34 PM

I forgot to ask something. Did you have any squeaking before the brake work was performed?

Old 08-22-2016, 09:58 AM

Squeaking wasn't present before or after working on brakes, it started 2 months later, that is the main reason why I think that shouldn't be the problem with them (but I don't want to rule them out). I must admit, I have tried pulling handbrake only once when squeaking occurred, so I can't be certain if that stopped it or not...
Worst thing is that today I can't hear that sound, so I can't test handbrake theory... but I believe that is because it is a lot colder outside than other days (I think it definitely has something with temperature- when it is warm sound is present, when not, it disappears)...

Old 10-08-2016, 02:38 PM

at the end it was rear right bearing...

Old 10-10-2016, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by danthe
at the end it was rear right bearing...
Thanks for the update.

Old 02-14-2020, 08:24 PM
Default Front brakes

Originally Posted by danthe
Hi guys, I own 2007 Outlander, 2.0 DI-D. Recently strange squeaky sound started coming from right wheel (not sure front or rear) when driving (not braking). Sound usually starts when turning right, but sometimes even when driving straight. It is not constant, it starts and disappears randomly, usually starts after 10-15 minutes of driving.
Brake pads, discs and handbrake pads were replaced few months ago, so I can rule them out,as sound started maybe 15 days ago. As you will hear, sound is definitely produced by wheel rotation. I went to local mechanic (authorized service is 300km away), he checked, all wheels spin freely when car is jacked, checked brake pads, everything seems fine... But, he couldn't reproduce the sound, as it starts randomly
Can maybe wheel bearing make this sound?

Recordings:
Vocaroo | Voice message
Louder: Vocaroo | Voice message
I replaced my front pads today, when putting on new pads, there two metal clips (inserts) top and bottom, there are two bits of metal on these clips that need to be checked, they should run parallel to rotar, make sure they are not bent in at 3 o'clock position on 9 depending on which side you are looking at, they should both be up point to 12 or they rub against rotar causing a metal to metal squeal. I had to adjust one of mine, the rest were fine. Could be your problem and simple to check.

Last edited by Nerelle Jones; 02-14-2020 at 08:27 PM.