Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 08:05 AM
Default Tail lights

Hey all,

New member here but I've been reading the forum for quite a while before creating an account.

I have a question for you guys that's been asked many times without getting a proper answer:

Where can these LED tail lights be found ? See below

I contacted these guys : » Mitsubishi Outlander XL without success. My email remained unanswered.

Any North American suppliers ?

Thanks

Youtube shot of those :

Originally Posted by Lyon

Tail
Originally Posted by firebirdrc
just found this outlander on Cardomain.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/395771...ishi-outlander

WoW how did he make those taillights?

Old 08-26-2014, 08:15 AM

there was some discussion on this a few years back. I think the owners modified their own sets to create it.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:53 PM

Those are very nice. Not a big fan of aftermarket tail lights or anything but thats a nice little custom job and would pick up a pair if they were available.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:45 PM

To me it looks like the first two just disconnected some bulbs, and the last one some bulbs were swapped out with orange ones.

Old 08-26-2014, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by ep260
To me it looks like the first two just disconnected some bulbs, and the last one some bulbs were swapped out with orange ones.
2nd gen outlanders do not have illuminated lights on the tailgate...that's what is special about them.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Tyler.M
Those are very nice. Not a big fan of aftermarket tail lights or anything but thats a nice little custom job and would pick up a pair if they were available.
Indeed, I'm not into aftermarket either but these .... I want !

Old 08-27-2014, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by ccernst
2nd gen outlanders do not have illuminated lights on the tailgate...that's what is special about them.
They don't? I had no idea, I thought they did light up. (Haven't had my Outlander for very long)

Those taillights do look like custom factory taillights though. Would be nice if someone sold some already modified. I bet there would be a lot of buyers.
Probably wouldn't be too hard though if you knew how to work with that kinda stuff.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:21 PM

It is quite DIY doable. The biggest trick is to match shade of red to the one stock LEDs have.

Otherwise it is just Dremel tool, drill and hot glue gun required, not to mention soldering iron obviously

Old 08-28-2014, 12:11 AM

Tailgate ones seem too bright in tail-lamp mode, looks like they are braking.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
It is quite DIY doable. The biggest trick is to match shade of red to the one stock LEDs have.

Otherwise it is just Dremel tool, drill and hot glue gun required, not to mention soldering iron obviously
Actually it seems like even the stock LEDs were replaced as well ... or is it just me ...

DIYable ? Any idea how ?

Quick Reply: Tail lights