Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Third row seat removable?

Old 04-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Default Third row seat removable?

I have ZERO interest in the third row seat which I am forced to purchase with my impending XLS 4WD purchase.

Is there any way I could remove this third row seat, and allow reinstallation at a later time? And would the empty space be somewhat useful for underfloor storage space?

Bud H

Old 04-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Default RE: Third row seat removable?

ORIGINAL: budh

And would the empty space be somewhat useful for underfloor storage space?

Bud H

Apparently so!

Old 04-01-2007, 04:07 PM

If you have a ratchet, and a 15mm socket, you sure can... Then all you'll need is the rear cover plate.

Old 04-01-2007, 04:18 PM

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to take the seat out. I dont know if you can covert it into the storage style that the lower model has. Your not really makingtoo much room. It barely fits 1 gun. Not unless your looking for a spot to hide guns lol. In my opinion its not worth taking it out and buying the parts needed to convert it if possible. You have storage under the driver seat and an entire trunk.

Old 04-01-2007, 04:25 PM

LOL zontarh, you beat me to it!,, well to the OP I will give my opinion, since I have that bit of storage. As you can see it is well worth it for me, but other than small items, like first aid kits, flash lights, and of course "guns", the space inst really that much significant enough, at least for going trhough all the toubles of removing the 3rd row seat. But if you can find a verry specific use for it then go for it!

Old 04-01-2007, 07:31 PM

and besides, why would you want to remove the rear seat, as stated above, it doesnt give you that much room, and if you are looking for a way to stealthy hid your assualt rifle/shotgun... do one of two things, open the tailgate, trim the litle panel that slides up, and down to ease you in sliding things in, fix it so it opens all the way when the tailgates up, make a few more strategic cuts, get some clips, and bam... instant storage compartment in the tailgate... Or, do what i did, and go to your local hardware store, get you some metal brackets (whatever you need to mount the gun of your choice), drill, and mount the brakets to the bottom of the seat, at the lowest edge, mount your gun to that... I did with my remington 870 express magnum, and I can still open, and close my rear seat without complication. either up or down, the gun is hidden by the little flap that mitsu has haning down on the bottom of the seat.
If I need it, all I gotta do is flip the flap, grab my gun, and kill a fool... .LOL, Course then again, all I really have to do is reach for my hip... anything from 40-45 cals of kimber, or taurus just chilling. And for those stealthy times, theres always my favorite little toy, my keltec P3AT, with pocket clip... LOL, i love that tiny bastard
(I dont advocate killing anyone, you should always obey all state and federal laws, and be appreciative of the fact you are dealing with another human being. Always, if you have to use your weapon, shoot to disable, and neutralize any threat, and not to kill. Always try to avoid any escalation in any conflict, even if it means you get made fun of. I would rather be made fun of than shoot someone. The only appropriate time to ever use your gun would be to protect you, your family/friends, or someone else who's life is in grave, and mortal danger. Never fire more rounds than is neccessary, and always give a fair, and easily undertood warning to whomever it may be that is trying to attack. A good warning would be something along the lines of "Sir/Maam, STOP, You are placing me and/or my family/friends in danger, if you do not comply, I will be forced to open fire on you" Never under any circumstances tell someone "stop, or I'll ****ing kill you mother****er" never under any circumstances shoot someone while they are running/walking away, and most importantly, dont take any ****... better to protect yourself, and face a civil/criminal trial than to blame yourself for the rest of your life because someone you love got murdered, and you could have stopped it.)
God its ridiculous to have to right that much ****, damn lawyers.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:01 PM

My redneck friend your one crazy dude. Here in NJ you can't carry a gun. You can't even have a gun with amo in the car. One of the two have to be in the trunk. If you are hiding guns traveling around NJ you will learn the terms of police brutality haha. Before you plan on hiding guns make sure your state allows it. Besides if your by any chance craizer than soundcolor I dont think you will be hiding guns rather than putting them on the dash board.

Other than that what do you plan on storing in that spot? I can fit a 4 battery maglight in the dash compartment lol.

Old 04-01-2007, 09:21 PM
JMC

I just looked...it's not worth taking all that out just for a little space. It's not like yr getting all this room to smuggle drugs and shizz. I just replaced all the bulbs...turn signal...back up...For some reason the manual says you CAN'T replace the side marker bulbs without replacing the whole thing? WTF?

Old 04-02-2007, 12:01 AM

Ant... godbless you my friend...
I truly am sorry that the fine people of your state has allowed the government to rape you, and take away your right to bear arms. Dude, its your constitutional right, and you shouldnt let them poor bastards take that away from you.
I dont give a flyin **** if they outlaw guns... if they want me to give up mine, they'll have to come to my house and take em' away by force.
I dont care what the "state law" says. My constitution says the I have the right to keep and bear arms.
And I quote
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"
you can read it for yourself, at http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Am2

me personally, I love the very end, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"
In other words, suck it up buttercup, i gottem, and im keepin em.
and ****em if they dont like it.

I have only had to pull my weapon one time. I regretted being in a situation that forced me to do so. I had a father and his 3 sons come to my house, threaten me and my family, and then attempt to assualt me.I say attmept, cause whentheyoungest songot about 10 feet away from me, and was closing fast, telling me about how he was gonig to beat me, my wife, and then kill my daughter (really, who says **** like that) I had no choice, I reached to my right hip, drew my Taurus Millenium Pro PT140 40 cal. pistol from my hip, and drew a dead line on him. Heat first didnt seem to detered,though his father and brothers did. He kept coming, albeitquite a bit slower, I reached up and clicked off the safety, and aimed centermass.Then came my favorite redneck line of all time "Booah, I ent skert of yor peestol" To which I very calmly replied"Boah, I aint askin for you to be afraid of it, I am asking you to consider the Federal hydrashock in the tubeready to rip a 5 inch hole through your chest"
For some reason he stopped... huh, wonder why?
Oh well, the sherrif was called, and asked to see mygun, Then a couple more sherriffs arrived, then asked to take my guns... I laughed, told them to bring a search and seize warrant. They finally got around to asking what happened, I explainedit to them, and told them politely that I had done nothing but defend myself, and my family...
Guess what, i kept my guns, and the other ******** went to jail...

Old 04-02-2007, 01:31 AM

Dont get me wrong were aloud guns. We just cant carry them around on us. There is a sight law in PA that if your gun is in plain site you can carry it. That is not the case in NJ though. Theres hand guns and shot guns of all types in my house. We just can't go around town with them or hide them in the trunk lol.

While back on topic I had a brain storm going onthe size of a hurricane. Maybe with that extra room of the 3rd row seat being removed it could be a place to put an after market amp. It would have to be customized with a vent maybe even a fan to circulate the air.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Third row seat removable?