Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Third row seat removable?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 03:55 AM
Default RE: Third row seat removable?

is a great feature.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:42 AM

Who did you block/use the pimp hand on?

Old 04-02-2007, 11:26 AM

one things for sure, you'd have plenty of room..

Old 06-29-2007, 10:55 PM

Picked mine up thursday night and took the seats out already after work today. 20 minutes. There's some precut holes in the carpet, and I'm not sure if an LS hatch cover will fit due to this 1" thick padding under the carpet around where the seats mounted (is this padding present on LS's I wonder?).

Anyway... assault weapons are one option, but I was thinking of AMPS. It's a perfect stealth location for amps. You could get a couple big ones in there nicely. I'm going to make a custom cover and mount it on hinges attached where the 3rd seat used to bolt in. Should be reasonably clean.

Those seats are funny.

Old 06-30-2007, 07:54 AM

I wouldnt put an amp in there. It will over heat if you dont have vents installed.

Old 06-30-2007, 08:59 AM

ORIGINAL: antlip
I wouldnt put an amp in there. It will over heat if you dont have vents installed.
Since I'll have to make my own cover, I can put vents in - but I've had same amps in similar spaces without issue. Just a single 10" @300w, then 450w for F/R speakers. I probably use 1/2 that when I'm really listening, and have low gains (SQ) set on the sub anyway - so probably 1/4 use there. So that means I'm configured for 750w out of ramps rated to 1000w, and probably barely using 1/2 that anyway. They barely even get warm. (BTW, for the fosgate fans, that's 1500w/2000w).

I don't see any other good place for them.. any ideas? I'm bummed to see no one has posted about any stereo stuff (besides one good post about splicing into signal lines for a bazooka). I guess I need to get the shop manual soon.

I'd also love to ****** a fosgate sub enclosure for the nice fit, but put a better 10" in it... doubt I could get that from mits parts though.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:22 PM

Does anyone know if I can round up a set of seats if they can be installed on an LS?

Old 07-01-2007, 10:13 AM

If you live in VT, you can swing by and we can take a look, and I could sell you my brand new ones for cheap.
I would imagine that you could do it, but I don't have an LS to check. You would definately need to cut some carpet though (or swapout carpet with someone in VT ).

The easiest check would be to look under the carpeting in those little bumpouts in the far rear corner of the cargo area (where OEM sub goes). I think it's just velcroed down. There should be one bolt/stud sticking up and one bolt hole (likely with a bolt in it that seems to have no purpose). The carpeting should have a thick pad (1"?) underneath in this area as well. There should also be 5 or so (can't remember) bolt holes/bolts under the carpeting in the little shallow floor compartment in the rear of the cargo area.

I notice there is a thick 1" or so padding under much of the carpeting in the rear area with the 3rd row seating. Not sure if that's the case with the LS. Without that, even if you could swap the seats in, it may be a sloppy finish with the trim etc.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:01 AM

You will also need to install the seatbelts, I could imagine that being a pain in the ***, because you have to remove all the side panels and stuff.

Old 07-01-2007, 12:46 PM

ORIGINAL: OTO27

You will also need to install the seatbelts, I could imagine that being a pain in the ***, because you have to remove all the side panels and stuff.
Good point. Even bigger problem is that unless they use the same panels with the LS, you won't have the slots and passthroughs to route the seatbelt in the first place. If that was the case you'd have to do a big swap with the rear main side panels. It might still work if you had someone to just swap the whole kit with, but buying from the dealer would KILL you.

I'll have mine off for dynomat-ing in a few weeks anyway, if someone wants to swap in VT.

Quick Reply: Third row seat removable?