Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Tire recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 03:54 PM

I just got a new set of Firestone Destination LE2's. They were rated pretty highly so I decided to give them a chance.
So far so good. I can definitely feel a difference in grip. This is in comparison to the half worn Bridgestone Dueller Ecopia 442's I had on before. Of course due to the extra grip there is a bit more road noise. The bumps seemed to be slightly more muffled compared to the old ones though.
Since I can't afford winter tires right now I'll be using these tires come winter time. They apparently are very good in the winter for an all season tire so we'll see if that is the case in the -40C that I'll be enduring.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:37 PM

Guys, what is the quietest tire for Outlander?

Old 08-26-2014, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by ep260
I just got a new set of Firestone Destination LE2's. They were rated pretty highly so I decided to give them a chance.
So far so good. I can definitely feel a difference in grip. This is in comparison to the half worn Bridgestone Dueller Ecopia 442's I had on before. Of course due to the extra grip there is a bit more road noise. The bumps seemed to be slightly more muffled compared to the old ones though.
Since I can't afford winter tires right now I'll be using these tires come winter time. They apparently are very good in the winter for an all season tire so we'll see if that is the case in the -40C that I'll be enduring.
We have Ecopia on the outlander now. We had Dueller Alenza tires on there before and they were great in the snow. I have LE2s on my ranger. Last two winters we had 10" snows and with a bed full of snow, I had no problem running around the unplowed streets. The outlander sits a bit lower than the ranger, but they are great tires.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:09 PM

Being that the winter is coming, I am looking for a new set of tires ofr my 2012 Outlander SE.
The stock tire sucks and for the past winter I didnt have any problems getting out of any snow areas but once I am on the roads I can feel the car sliding.
Therefore, I want other tires.
Can anyone recommend ?

Old 09-30-2014, 05:55 PM
Question Nexen N5000 Tires

I too am in the market for new tires for my 2010 Outlander XLS AWD. I'm on a budget though as the car needs alignment too.

Has anyone had experience with Nexen N5000? (225 /55 R18)

Seems I can get them for around $100/tire in the US (not including install).

They have pretty decent reviews online and 60,000 Mile warranty. All season tires as well. I primarily drive highway, with the occasional trip to Tahoe.

Walmart Link

Nexen N5000

Old 10-01-2014, 04:44 AM

Also looking for winter tires. Anyone tried the Continental EWC before? Not too expensive and they have pretty good reviews on tirerack.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Cali Duck
I too am in the market for new tires for my 2010 Outlander XLS AWD. I'm on a budget though as the car needs alignment too.

Has anyone had experience with Nexen N5000? (225 /55 R18)

Seems I can get them for around $100/tire in the US (not including install).

They have pretty decent reviews online and 60,000 Mile warranty. All season tires as well. I primarily drive highway, with the occasional trip to Tahoe.

Walmart Link

Nexen N5000
Generally Nexen tires are pretty low quality. I would shop around a little bit more. Places such as Costco and Midas offer free mount and balance.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by erixon84
Being that the winter is coming, I am looking for a new set of tires ofr my 2012 Outlander SE.
The stock tire sucks and for the past winter I didnt have any problems getting out of any snow areas but once I am on the roads I can feel the car sliding.
Therefore, I want other tires.
Can anyone recommend ?
Nokian winter tires are considered the top brand for extreme winter climates.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by ep260
Generally Nexen tires are pretty low quality. I would shop around a little bit more. Places such as Costco and Midas offer free mount and balance.
Yep, I forgot about Costco. When I search for my vehicle, I don't get any results. However when entering the size manually (225/55-18) I get a pretty decent price on tires with 90k warranty:

Name:  UEr4ZNd.png
Views: 25
Size:  102.1 KB

Old 10-20-2014, 06:04 PM

I actually had the Conti EWC on my WRX and they were marvelous in wet and snow.

Originally Posted by Caocao
Also looking for winter tires. Anyone tried the Continental EWC before? Not too expensive and they have pretty good reviews on tirerack.

Quick Reply: Tire recommendations