Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2017 Mitsubishi Outlander

Old 01-26-2018, 11:02 AM
Default 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander

I had my windshield replaced & now my lane warning & wiper sensors do not work. It was the correct, but aftermarket windshield installed but a reputable automotive glass shop. He advised me it would need calibration for the sensors to work again. Upon calling my Mitsu dealer. they claim they cannot make it happen with this aftermarket windshield, but they will order & install the factory windshield for a grand. Is this bunk? Also at the same time both of the fastkey fob's no longer work (not batteries). Since I do not have 2 valid fob's the method of programming in the owners manual & what google provided will not work. Is this a dealer thing? Hoping to at least get the fob's working since the dealer is nearly 2hrs away. Thanks for any help & advise.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by jriner
I had my windshield replaced & now my lane warning & wiper sensors do not work. It was the correct, but aftermarket windshield installed but a reputable automotive glass shop. He advised me it would need calibration for the sensors to work again. Upon calling my Mitsu dealer. they claim they cannot make it happen with this aftermarket windshield, but they will order & install the factory windshield for a grand. Is this bunk? Also at the same time both of the fastkey fob's no longer work (not batteries). Since I do not have 2 valid fob's the method of programming in the owners manual & what google provided will not work. Is this a dealer thing? Hoping to at least get the fob's working since the dealer is nearly 2hrs away. Thanks for any help & advise.
What at nightmare. I’m getting mine replaced with Mitsu glass next week instead of after market. I’ll let you know how it goes. Good to know about the key fobs, so I’ll test that too. They are replacing it with Mistu glass because the insurance company called safelite, who confirmed there are issues with aftermarket glass.Oh, $1000 isn’t bad, I was told the glass cost $1400 from my dealer + $150 for a 3rd party to install. Calibration should only be $130.

Last edited by Truwarrior22; 01-26-2018 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:26 PM

Hmmm... Interesting. One of my fobs suddenly quit working a few months ago. I has to drive 2 hours to dealer and pay $65 to have it re-programmed.

Dealer said possibly lost programming if it was near cell phone or microwave. Makes no sense to me. I read that Nissan had a fob recall a few years ago due to fobs losing programming due to cell phones and poor shielding.

I am going to report it to NTSB site as a complaint- would recommend anyone else experiencing the problem do the same. I'm afraid that if both quit I'd have to have my car towed two hours away.

Old 02-06-2018, 12:08 PM

UPDATE!!! The problem was resolved. It was NOT the aftermarket glass. Do not let them pressure you to buy the so called Mitsubishi glass. They do not make glass, it is contracted to the lowest bidder. My factory windshield was made by Asahi Glass Co , DOT-20. The problem was a blown 7.5 amp etacs ecu fuse. The problem may or may not have been caused by the installation when the windshield sensors were unplugged & plugged back up. The battery, probably, should have been disconnected before the windshield was installed. All is good, everything is back functioning normally. I contacted my glass installed & let him know the issue was resolved so he could bill me.
Love my Outlander!!!

Old 02-06-2018, 01:51 PM

UPDATE!!! The problem was resolved. It was NOT the aftermarket glass. Do not let them pressure you to buy the so called Mitsubishi glass. They do not make glass, it is contracted to the lowest bidder. My factory windshield was made by Asahi Glass Co , DOT-20. The problem was a blown 7.5 amp etacs ecu fuse. The problem may or may not have been caused by the installation when the windshield sensors were unplugged & plugged back up. The battery, probably, should have been disconnected before the windshield was installed. All is good, everything is back functioning normally. I contacted my glass installed & let him know the issue was resolved so he could bill me.
Love my Outlander!!!
Nice, thanks for the update, been waiting for my glass company to get the glass for two weeks now. Wiper blade heater working ok too?

Old 02-09-2018, 11:51 AM

Love my Outlander!!!
That is rather shocking that they assumed it was the most expensive problem rather than the $1 fuse. Good reminder to check the fuses when anything electrical fails. I wish mechanics weren't so lazy and/or incompetent. But I can't single them out. It goes for any tech that has a complex problem and they can't figure it out easily.

Old 02-09-2018, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by theSaint024
That is rather shocking that they assumed it was the most expensive problem rather than the $1 fuse. Good reminder to check the fuses when anything electrical fails. I wish mechanics weren't so lazy and/or incompetent. But I can't single them out. It goes for any tech that has a complex problem and they can't figure it out easily.
It helps to use the Mitsubishi parts in order to keep the variables to a minimum for a reliable repair. I'm going to get mine replaced tomorrow and the shop doesn't seem too confident that they even have the correct windshield. Apparently they were sent two from their warehouse, etc. How hard is it people when you have the VIN!? I was told it they have approval to replace with Mitsu glass! A couple Mitsu dealers I called stated it's part 6102B530, but it does seem like a one off since I can't locate it on the internet anywhere.

I'm going to ask to look at it before they install it and if it doesn't have at least the heated deicer for the wipers there's no way it's the correct part. I'm not really sure where the rain sensor is for the 2016. I think it might be in the camera housing, but I'll compare the housings for them as well.

Old 02-10-2018, 11:46 AM

Waiting for repair now, looks like they got the right glass for my 2016, 6102B530, woohoo!

Old 02-10-2018, 11:14 PM

Love my Outlander!!!
Are you getting any creeks, squeaks, or rattles atound the glass after the replacment? On my way home it was pretty bad on the bumpy roads. Hoping it will clear up in the next 24 hours once it cures more. Otherwise everything works and looks good. Will probably still have the camera calibrated since the insurance will cover it.

Old 02-12-2018, 01:11 PM

Seems like the noises have subdued since the replacement, but only took it on a short trip under 40 mph. Roads are really bad too at this time of the year. Seems very quite on good roads though. I don't think I need the calibration, but will have them check it when I get my gear oil changed with Mitsu LSD 90 since it's no longer recalled :/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander