Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

TPMS life expectancy

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 12:30 AM
Default Tire Valve Broke

I have Outlander 2009 when I'm adding air my tire valve broke. I went to dealer and they told me broken tire valve is not covered by warranty. They charge me $250 ($150 for TPMS sensor & $100 labor), I think Canadian dealer is over charging. My question is, should Mitsubishi cover this under warranty.

Also there is an active defect investigation regarding this. Check this web.
Active Defect Investigations - Transport Canada

TC File No: 3280-16-34

Old 11-21-2012, 09:38 PM

I just had a TPMS stem blow apart on me in my work 2009 Dodge Caravan while on the highway when I was just about to pass. Luckily the TPMS light came on just before the tire went flat(about 15 seconds to deflate). So I'm miffed that the sensor blew out like this(never seen this happen with a rubber stem) BUT the TPMS system proved it's weight by warning me something was wrong.....

Dodge would not cover it under warranty. Luckily I don't have to foot the bill.

Old 10-13-2016, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by BDETM
I have Outlander 2009 when I'm adding air my tire valve broke. I went to dealer and they told me broken tire valve is not covered by warranty. They charge me $250 ($150 for TPMS sensor & $100 labor), I think Canadian dealer is over charging. My question is, should Mitsubishi cover this under warranty.

Also there is an active defect investigation regarding this. Check this web.
Active Defect Investigations - Transport Canada

TC File No: 3280-16-34
I know I am resuscitating an old thread here but I felt that I should mention there is no need to replace the entire TPMS sensor if only valve stem breaks or leaks air due to corrosion. You can buy a replacement valve stem on ebay or Amazon, just make sure that it is compatible with your TPMS sensor depending on the year of your model. I drive a 2009 Mitsu Outlander and it uses Siemens sensor.
My local tire shop told me that air is leaking from my valve stem and suggested that I should replace TPMS sensor. However, I researched online and found out that you just need to replace the valve stem, so I bought one for about $10.00. Will update you once I finish repairing it.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by bluebastion
Aftermarket TPMS sensors are ~$50.00

You can not replace batteries on TPMS sensors because they are a sealed (and not meant to break open) component.

I ad a TPMS break due to a flying wheel barrow in Indianapolis over Memorial Day weekend.

A Firestone shop replaced it, and changed the fixed tire for the spare for $25.00.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:03 PM
Arrow

Originally Posted by milliesdad
I ad a TPMS break due to a flying wheel barrow in Indianapolis over Memorial Day weekend.

A Firestone shop replaced it, and changed the fixed tire for the spare for $25.00.
I went to Firestone they charged 85 but could not reprogram the TPMS system correctly now I am riding with the TPMS light till I go to the Mitsubishi Stealership where they want $120 just to run the software machine

Old 10-19-2016, 10:46 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by SERPENTOR
I went to Firestone they charged 85 but could not reprogram the TPMS system correctly now I am riding with the TPMS light till I go to the Mitsubishi Stealership where they want $120 just to run the software machine

*Update* I visited a bigger Firestone location and they had a State of The Art Tablet/Computer they used to reset the TPMS! So don't let the Stealership rob you blind!

Old 10-28-2016, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tib_mastiff
I know I am resuscitating an old thread here but I felt that I should mention there is no need to replace the entire TPMS sensor if only valve stem breaks or leaks air due to corrosion. You can buy a replacement valve stem on ebay or Amazon, just make sure that it is compatible with your TPMS sensor depending on the year of your model. I drive a 2009 Mitsu Outlander and it uses Siemens sensor.
My local tire shop told me that air is leaking from my valve stem and suggested that I should replace TPMS sensor. However, I researched online and found out that you just need to replace the valve stem, so I bought one for about $10.00. Will update you once I finish repairing it.
Update: I took it to my local Costco Auto, and they installed the new stem valve on my old sensor, and it's working just fine! I saved a ton by not replacing the whole sensor for a faulty valve stem.

Old 11-20-2016, 12:42 AM
Default TPMS ITM UNI-Sensor

Just installed ITM TPMS Uni-sensor for my Winter Tires CAD 69.99 each @ 1010TIRES.COM

Old 12-05-2016, 11:51 AM

Just to let you guys know - ATEQ makes an affordable tool to reprogram your TPMS sensors that works great with this generation of Mitsubishi's. It's called ATEQ MITSURESET and you'll need a trigger tool. I have the ATEQ VT30 for the trigger tool.

I lucked out and found the set on Kijiji for about $150.

Old 05-13-2017, 12:25 PM

While researching tpms battery life I stumbled on this link that might be useful to someone http://www.mitsupartsworld.com/Endea...tsb1131001.pdf

Quick Reply: TPMS life expectancy