Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Turn off ignition but keep power on.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 09:48 PM
Default Turn off ignition but keep power on.

Tried searching for this but didn't have any luck.

I recently purchased the MY16 Outlander Exceed and have been relatively happy with it. The connectivity and usable of the entertainment system is a little clunky vs. a Falcon which i previously owned which is probably my only criticism.

One thing i haven't been able to work out how to do is shut off the ignition whilst leaving the power on, ie. radio etc. For instance if you arrive to your destination and wish to continue to listen to the radio or finish a phone call you must leave the ignition on otherwise you need to power back on to listen to the radio and reconnect the Bluetooth which is quite frustrating.

Hoping i am missing something quite simple here as it seems like an obvious thing to do???

Old 09-07-2015, 10:02 AM

Try putting it in neutral when shutting the engine off..might work..Also you can ask the dealer sometimes they can program how those buttons work...

Old 09-10-2015, 03:01 AM

You got it Guyfromhe, it worked! thank you so much.

Old 09-11-2015, 12:19 PM

Glad it worked. Wasn't sure if this applied to all cars. This is why I prefer the turn to start vs the push to start.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:17 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by Guyfromhe
Try putting it in neutral when shutting the engine off..might work..Also you can ask the dealer sometimes they can program how those buttons work...
Thanks for the post!!! That's good to know I'm new to the Outlander SE myself. Glad to hear from other Outlander owners

Old 11-08-2020, 01:55 PM

Putting it in Neutral and shutting off the engine did not work in our 2017 Outlander but dropping it into Drive with the emergency brake set and shutting it off did the trick. The radio continued to play for the duration of cleaning and vacuuming the inside of the vehicle. After about 45 minutes we put the vehicle back into Park and shut the engine off. Hope this works for someone out there, surprised this is not in the Owner's Manual unless there are safety reasons with the manufacturer for excluding it. Good luck with your model!

Old 11-28-2020, 02:07 PM
Default Response

Originally Posted by Guyfromhe
Don't put it in to neutral when engine of... It confuses electrics.. I did this and had to wait 2 hours to get engine stafted