Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Ultrasonic Alarm Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Default Ultrasonic Alarm Sensors

I have a UK model that has a Cobra 3868 alarm fitted by Mitsubishi. I have an intermittent fault with it and the fault code apparently indicates an ultrasonic sensor fault.

I've looked around the inside of the car and I can't see any ultrasonic sensors.

Does any one know where these sensors are normally positioned in the car?

Many thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/16266/70BCC9ACDF4C45C8AD99D57B2BB0B34F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/16266/E34340D705DC4684A621BBD37E495C48.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Default RE: Ultrasonic Alarm Sensors

if its the standard factory alarm they are the top of the windscreen pillers

or in the housing for the map reading lamps near the rear view mirror

puddy
ps theirs a button on the middle front console just in front of the gear leaver press the button once to de-activate the sensor. it will reset to on the next time the alarm is set

Old 04-24-2008, 02:29 AM

Thanks Puddy,

It is the standard fit alarm, but I did have a one page insert into the manual regarding the alarm saying it was part of the "Diamond Collection".

It has got the button on the middle front console, what happens is that upon entry this flashes five times to indicate an alarm activation. The extra manual page has a key for these codes but only what 1,2,3,4 or 6 flashes mean. I spoke to the dealer who spoke to Mitsubishi and they say the ultrasonic sensors are faulty.

I have checked both places you suggest and I can't see any sensors, any chance you could post a picture of where yours are positioned.

[IMG]local://upfiles/16266/4AF25C8B2F1F41DDAAD965F00E791912.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-24-2008, 02:32 PM

Mine is an Exclusive with factory fit alarm, I havent a clue where the sensors are, but I would leave it to the dealer, this should be covered by your warranty.
Ron

Old 04-24-2008, 03:59 PM

Ron

I have got it booked in next week for the dealer to check it out.

I was intrigued where the sensors were because I still can't see them!!

I know they must be there because I armed the alarm with the window open today, then waved my hand into the car and the alarm went off.

Old 04-24-2008, 04:13 PM

Correct me if I am wong, if you armed the alarm with the window open, then wavedyour hand into the car and the alarm went off. That suggest the ultrasonic alarm sensor is working ! If that's the case, theflash codes is telling you something else other than the ultrasonic sensor is faulty.

Old 04-24-2008, 04:24 PM

You are right Outie08, that was one of the reasons for checking them to see if they were working.

As it is only an intermittent fault it would seem the sensors are working but sometimes send an incorrect signal to the alarm control unit.

Mitsubishi told the dealer that five flashes of the LED indicated a sensor fault and to check them first.

Old 04-24-2008, 04:36 PM

Don't you just love intermittent problems ! [:@]Good luck to you and your dealer, hope they can fix your problem without too many visits.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:20 AM

Typically since I've had the car booked in and mentioned it on the forum the problem hasn't occurred again [:@]

Old 04-25-2008, 11:29 AM

Murphy’s Law ! I think you should insist to have at least the sensors replaced if they cannot duplicate the problem. If anything, you will know the location of the sensors.

Quick Reply: Ultrasonic Alarm Sensors