Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Upgrade Instrument Gauge Cluster??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 10:27 PM

Well, 2013 Outlander does have color screen here. If this is from a Lancer, it might be the reason. Otherwise, my only guess is that the computer gives it the signal for the red screen and it's exactly what I get. Very unfortunate!

Old 07-16-2016, 09:24 PM

The computer doesn't feed video signals to the display and it's very doubtful they would put a function to make it a single color.

What are the icons layouts like on the LCD of the display you bought, can you take a picture??

Old 07-17-2016, 12:12 AM

A couple of thoughts:

1. the 2013 Outlander was a different body style and may have a different cluster....not sure if that is the case for the Lancer. Or, perhaps some of the non-us models continued to use the red cluster.

2. Have you considered the idea that you were given the wrong part? I doubt that an LCD screen would suddenly go red.... that doesn't make any sense. Call the place you got it from or check the part number... sounds like you bought the wrong part.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:33 AM

I took a picture of the icons above the display. The cluster is sitting at home. I did not want to keep it in the vehicle since it made no difference. Hope that helps.

Attached Thumbnails Upgrade Instrument Gauge Cluster??-20160716_203625.jpg  
Old 07-17-2016, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by alsaaron
A couple of thoughts:

1. the 2013 Outlander was a different body style and may have a different cluster....not sure if that is the case for the Lancer. Or, perhaps some of the non-us models continued to use the red cluster.

2. Have you considered the idea that you were given the wrong part? I doubt that an LCD screen would suddenly go red.... that doesn't make any sense. Call the place you got it from or check the part number... sounds like you bought the wrong part.
2013 Outlander here is still same body. Looks like I did get a Lancer cluster but it looks newer than mine with bigger display size, icons above the display are pushed deeper inside. I contacted the seller company and got a refund from them. Looks like I have to try another part and was wondering if someone could give me the part number they used and succeeded. Thanks!

Old 07-18-2016, 08:46 AM

If you look at ebay motors canada, view vehicles for sale you can see what the color guage cluster looks like. The easiest way to tell is if you look at the speedo and tach. You can see a double bar around the perimeter of the guages instead of the single bar or tick marks.

I don't think my part number will help you because you need it in KM/H and not MPH.

Last edited by gggplaya; 07-18-2016 at 08:49 AM.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:03 AM

Thanks everybody for all your help!!! Will try to find proper part and let you know if successful.

Old 12-22-2017, 08:47 PM
Default Swapped but now the logo has gone!

Hello guys! I'm Marcelo, from Brazil. Firstly I want to thank GGGplaya for the beautiful tutorial, with your help it was really easy to do the panel replacement. Now I noticed a problem after a few days: as soon as I turn the key, the mitsubishi logo (during the welcome and check screen) does not appear anymore! Only the gear, temperature and fuel indicators appears.
I tried several ways to reset the panel, and unplugged the battery for hours even, but nothing works.
Anyone have any idea what that might be? I confess that the logo was one of the things that made me buy the color panel.

tks!

Old 06-13-2021, 03:43 PM

Hi All,

Reviving a very old thread here,

I replaced my 2006 Outlander's gauge cluster (PN8100A112) with one from a 2013 model Lancer, I actually wanted the color display but made a mistake when I ordered it and got one with red display, a bit disappointed but I still like the layout with the speed on the right hand side more and it is much brighter than my old display.
I am getting a code with this new display, cannot remember the code, but it was something in the line of a secondary Can-B device has been connected, I'm suspecting its the 2006 ETACS that does not talk to the newer modules?
My biggest issue is that when I turn the 4WD **** between the seats, the new cluster does not show that 4WD has been turned on, put the old cluster back and it shows the 4WD is turned on.
Why would every other thing work on this cluster but it will not show the 4WD on the LCD? is that something that is built into the firmware? I've checked every setting in MUT3-se but could not find anything that can be set on the cluster.

Thanks