Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

USB audio erratic

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 06:40 PM

Anyone figure out what the issue is?

I have a 2014 RVR and its having this issue. First it was working fine when the car was new, then it happened if I filled the memory stick too much, and now its happening even with only one album on a 16gb stick. Very annoying, especially since its a new vehicle. Im going to try and disconnect the battery next to see if resetting the stereo does anything.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:09 AM

The same issue still exists in (European) Outlander PHEV '14 business edition (without navigation) and here also my dealer has never heard about the problem. I will give him a link to this thread the next time I go to my dealer.

Have tried many usb sticks and many variations of mp3 collections, but it always happens. I can also reproduce it:
- insert usb stick,
- set playback mode to 'all random'
- start playback,
- keep tapping 'next track' (right arrow at the bottom of the screen)

At some point, while tapping 'next track', the system will freeze and then reset.

If anyone has any update from Mitsubishi/Fosgate, please let us know!

Old 07-25-2018, 09:48 PM

I had the same problem with my USB drives. It went from disconnecting every 20 or so minutues down to every 5 songs and then to the point of stopping in the middle of the first song and off to "USB NOT CONNECTED" > "USB LOAD" over and over again.
I sourced a new Bluetooth module and installed it (behind the radio head unit). The USB played completely through the song list with no interruption.
The old module had very slight movement between the top and bottom casing - I think an internal circuit must have been "breaking" every so often causing the USB to disconnect.
The new module is as solid as a rock (for now), with no movement and it works.
2011 ZH Outlander LS (Australian trim ID).

Last edited by ScorpioRNSWL; 07-25-2018 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-09-2018, 01:31 PM
Default USB resetting every few mins while playing music

I've 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander. I used to play music though USB, since last few months USB is behaving erratically. It resets itself & starts playing from the 1st Folder again. I changed flash drive but still the same issue.
I need to know why this started happening suddenly? There was a recall for faulty relay around April this year. Could the new relay cause any electrical /connection issues?
I'm taking my car for service on 08/09/2018. Will see what they suggest.
Attaching few pics as the error happens .

Attached Thumbnails USB audio erratic-usb-disconnects.jpg   USB audio erratic-no-connection-message.jpg   USB audio erratic-usb-reconnects.jpg  
Old 10-21-2020, 03:45 PM
Default Same issue persists

I have a 2019 Montero Sport. I experience the same error message haphazardly. Sometimes it doesn't happen for a while, then other times it happens repeatedly. The unit stops playing whichever folder I was in and 'reboots'. Play restarts at song 1 in folder 1. Really annoying.

Old 10-22-2020, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by ScorpioRNSWL
I had the same problem with my USB drives. It went from disconnecting every 20 or so minutues down to every 5 songs and then to the point of stopping in the middle of the first song and off to "USB NOT CONNECTED" > "USB LOAD" over and over again.
I sourced a new Bluetooth module and installed it (behind the radio head unit). The USB played completely through the song list with no interruption.
The old module had very slight movement between the top and bottom casing - I think an internal circuit must have been "breaking" every so often causing the USB to disconnect.
The new module is as solid as a rock (for now), with no movement and it works.
2011 ZH Outlander LS (Australian trim ID).
UPDATE - 2020. Turns out that the Bluetooth link between the phone and the module was dropping in and out (as the phone was searching for more Bluetooth devices) and this was causing the erratic connections on the USB. I turned off the Bluetooth on the phone, and the USB played straight through (175 albums) with not a single restart - well the Bluetooth was turned back on for about 10 minutes at about halfway through and it restarted the USB connection. I turned of the Bluetooth off, got back to the song and it played through the rest of the USB drive no problem.
I went for at +9-12 months without using the Bluetooth (preferring music over phone calls). Now I have the phone Bluetoothing again and haven't had the USB disconnect for about 7 months (touch wood, fingers crossed).

Old 10-12-2022, 01:29 PM
Default same problem triton 2022

Hello, i bought a Mitsubishi L200 2022 sportero (Triton), the car has only 178 km
when i connect a usb with MP3 s it read the music and shows folders inside and start to play music only for 20 sec, then USB disconnected and then reconnecting and so on.
i ve tried to us USB 2.0 , 3.0 and 3.2 all are the same 20 sec and the disconnected and reconnected.

please did someone have the same issue and if so, what is the solution
i upload a picture of my car so you can see what type of audio i have

Old 10-16-2022, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by H.YASSIN
Hello, i bought a Mitsubishi L200 2022 sportero (Triton), the car has only 178 km
when i connect a usb with MP3 s it read the music and shows folders inside and start to play music only for 20 sec, then USB disconnected and then reconnecting and so on.
i ve tried to us USB 2.0 , 3.0 and 3.2 all are the same 20 sec and the disconnected and reconnected.

please did someone have the same issue and if so, what is the solution
i upload a picture of my car so you can see what type of audio i have
Possible cause: unsupported bitrate in your mp3s, unususal block size of fat32 formated usb stick, bugs in Mitsubishi Bluetooth and/or MMCS stereo units....

Ask Mitsubishi authorized workshop to upgrade Bluetooth firmware. Yes, it is stupid design, usb socket is actually connected to BT module, not stereo. I did upgrade myself for a couple of new fw releases , but after discovering new bugs i gave up with Mitsubishi units and replaced BT and stereo with Alpine unit having BT builtin and other good functions. Browse my posts regarding cable harness/connector adapter for 3rd party stereo. Good luck.

Old 10-16-2022, 12:08 PM

Dear daem0n, the problem i bought the car from dubai and brought it to africa, so the dealer here wont accept and even they dont have the alpine type
please if have the link for the new FW, it would help alot
and please how can i enter the hidden menu in this type of stereo

Thanks

Old 10-17-2022, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by H.YASSIN
Dear daem0n, the problem i bought the car from dubai and brought it to africa, so the dealer here wont accept and even they dont have the alpine type
please if have the link for the new FW, it would help alot
and please how can i enter the hidden menu in this type of stereo

Thanks
well, you need to find out part number of your BT module and then search FW/SW update on internet for that particular unit.
The BT unit sits behind the center console, i.e. you need to take off stereo and and AC control panel to reach the BT module, or maybe only stereo because then you can take picture of the P/N with your smartphone. Also SW revision number (13.00.000 in the example below) would be useful to know too, so you can search for newer FW version (not older or the same you already have!). But as I said early and especially with your "useless dealer" situation, the better alternative is to through away OEM stereo + BT module altogether and install a good hifi 3rd party stereo or Android based smart one. OEM stereo/MMCS and BT is garbage.