Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

USB Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 05:57 PM
Default USB Question

Hi everyone, new here to the forum and was hoping someone could help me. I bought a 2014 Outlander earlier this year and have been trying to get my ipod to work with the USB but all it ever says is "Load", it's been loading for almost 2 months now....It is the 3rd or 4th (?) generation ipod touch. So if anyone can help, please let me know, thanks in advance

Old 02-27-2015, 01:03 PM

Having a similar issue on my 2015 Outlander Sport where my ipod is seen as connected but just sits at confirming media. I've let it sit for over an hour in an attempt to let it read all the data but no luck. I will be reaching out to Mitsubishi on this as I feel it may be an issue with firmware in the MMCS. If I get any info I will share it.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:18 AM

update. The original ipod i was using was a 160gb classic version. I found an old iphone 3g that I had and inserted an unactivated sim card so that I could use it solely as a music player. Synced to itunes and updated it to the latest software version 6. Put about 4gigs of music on it and plugged it up to my Outlander Sport and it is working with the iphone without an issue .. for now. Will try switching back to my ipod classic to see if it starts to magically work or not.

Old 03-20-2015, 04:34 PM

Easiest way is just to copy an itunes playlist direct to a USB stick.
No need to faff around connecting an Ipod up really.

Old 03-22-2015, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by rennie
Easiest way is just to copy an itunes playlist direct to a USB stick.
No need to faff around connecting an Ipod up really.
Do you know if there is a suggested type of flash drive or capacity limit? Was looking at a 128gb that is on sale right now.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:33 PM

Unfortunatley smaller is probably better in this case as the system tries to "load" all the data before playing. My old ipod takes nearly 5 minutes to start playing and honestly has only at most 100 cds on it. I usually just put smaller playlist on the usb sticks or memory card and and it seems to work better/faster for me.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by firebuck
Unfortunatley smaller is probably better in this case as the system tries to "load" all the data before playing. My old ipod takes nearly 5 minutes to start playing and honestly has only at most 100 cds on it. I usually just put smaller playlist on the usb sticks or memory card and and it seems to work better/faster for me.
Just tried loading about 4gb of music on a flash drive and the MMSC didnt even recognize it. Is there a particular way I have to format it? It's only an 8gb capacity stick. Do you know if there have been any firmware updates to the MMSC made available by Mitsu yet? Unfortunately the dealer I bought my vehicle from in january is now closed down so I can't call and ask them.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:33 AM

Make sure your flash drive is formatted in FAT32, not NTFS

Old 12-02-2016, 12:30 PM

I tried to put a 64Gb USB stick into the USB port and it did not recognise it.. After finding this and reformatting it to FAT32 not the exFAT format it came with it worked.. If you format any memory to FAT32 I think it will work. Cheers Vadimus.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:15 PM

The radio on these things are really bad they take forever and a day to load. When I hook up my iPod or usb stick it always takes forever to load sometimes it loads sometimes it doesn't.

Quick Reply: USB Question