Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Video in, Audio in Project, HELP WANTED !

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 02:50 AM
Default RE: Video in, Audio in Project, HELP WANTED !

I would guess they are there already

Old 07-29-2008, 08:14 AM

ORIGINAL: rdenis

ORIGINAL: dario99gst

Mute wire anyone???
There isn't one - and as far as I know there isn't a dedicated mute circuit.
Thanks

Old 07-30-2008, 08:06 AM

Try the jumper first if you've ordered it - if it works it will bea hell off a lot less work.
I have ordered it and I'm expecting delivery on week 32.

For anybody who wants to order it :
VTR HARNESS Part number :8528A049

However it's very hard to get. I have both the CAPS and ASA , I have checked the Part Number and this part number wasn't there.

So I contacted Mitsubishi Turkey and they orderediteven thoughit didn't show on their databases too. Later on we received a note from Mitsubishi Europe saying that there is nosuch a part exists on their data base to order.....

So Mitsu Europe cancelled our order.
We sent them the following pictures that was mentioned on the preivous posts on this topic. Then Mitsu Europe said that this is a JAPANONLY partand it's not for salein Europe. After some negotations , they allowed us to order the part.

So this VTR HARNESS is already ordered now and I'm expecting delivery next week. I will see if it works or not send you guys some pictures...

Old 08-02-2008, 03:34 PM

Hi RDENIS and others..

I have received my VTR HARNESS today....

However I have opened up every place of my car and I could not find a suitable socket that this Harness would fit. There isn't a single suitable socket that this Harness would fit.

On the ceiling of the car on the left side (LHD) I found a socket , I could not figure out what this is, I think this is a socket from Rear Entertaintment System to the Amplifier.

No other sockets on the ceiling of the car.

So I opened up the Amplifier of the car, still there isn"t a suitable socket for the VTR HARNESS.

Nothing suitable on the floor Left Front, Left Rear.
Nothing on the bottom of Centre Console

No any suitable sockets for the VTR HARNESS at the back of MMCS

I have also opened the right side of the ceiling but there aren't any cables there.

Nosuitable sockets at here too

As you can understand I have taken apart my car completely and I couldnot find a single socket to fit the JUMPER VTR HARNESS.

So what is the reason for this ?
1) Maybe I forgat to take apart something up ?
2) This part specifically for Outlander and since my car is PAJERO maybe it's not the same type Jumper ( VTR HARNESS)

Anybody know what to do next ? I contacted Mitsubishi but they know less than I do.

Rdenis how can I know wh ere is socket E129 and E 130 is situated
Wh ere exactly is D206 . Can somebody walk me through this thing please.....

Old 08-03-2008, 08:25 AM

Okay I think you are out of luck with this connector. This is a 24 pin connector by the looks of it and I cant see any suitable connection points in any of the schematics posted on Page 1.

Also you note this is an Outie part and in fact there is a 24 pin intermediary connector between the MMCS and Rear Ent Sys at D123 on the NA version of the Outie.

This jumper fits D123 and makes the connections between the RCA / MMCS / RES I outlined above.

I also looked at the Pajero wiring diagram and there is no single intermediary connector which takes feeds from the VTR MMCS and RES which is a shame so you are back to doing this the hard way.Which really isnt all that difficult given you have your car ripped apart now!

I have and idea Ill post ina bit.

If I can get it to post - this BOARD is sucking at the moment!

Old 08-03-2008, 09:51 AM

POS Board - lets try this for the twelvth time!

I cant ****ing post anymore

Direct to D 206 as otlined earlier

Make sure pins 49 and 63 are properly grounded

Hope that makes sense

Old 08-04-2008, 08:07 AM

Okay I think you are out of luck with this connector. This is a 24 pin connector by the looks of it and I cant see any suitable connection points in any of the schematics posted on Page 1.

Also you note this is an Outie part and in fact there is a 24 pin intermediary connector between the MMCS and Rear Ent Sys at D123 on the NA version of the Outie.

This jumper fits D123 and makes the connections between the RCA / MMCS / RES I outlined above.

I also looked at the Pajero wiring diagram and there is no single intermediary connector which takes feeds from the VTR MMCS and RES which is a shame so you are back to doing this the hard way.Which really isnt all that difficult given you have your car ripped apart now!

I have and idea Ill post ina bit.

If I can get it to post - this BOARD is sucking at the moment!

This jumper was bloody hard to get we had to order it directly from Mitsubishi Japan as it wasn'tfound in Mitsubishi Europe's data base ..

Now that we know it's not good for Pajero, I would lik e tosend this part to you incase you might need it one day. Please PM me your address I'll have it posted to you everything on my costs.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:19 AM

POS Board - lets try this for the twelvth time!

I cant ****ing post anymore

Direct to D 206 as otlined earlier

Make sure pins 49 and 63 are properly grounded

Hope that makes sense
I will try to PM you as it's really annoying me trying to post here ..

EDIT : I PM'd you and I also E-mail'ed you thru the Mitsubishi Forums Server, and both my messages had an eror to , so please PM me your e-mail and I will send you a normal e-mail.

Regards
DC.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:30 AM

OK GUYS ,

Problem Solved, thanks to RDENIS for all his support.

The Procedure actually happened to be VERY SIMPLE . So If you guys remember I was trying to connect the RCA VTR ADAPTER thru the Original Cabling made by Mitsubishi by bypassing the REAR ENTERTAINTMENT SYSTEM. So After tearing apart the car I could not find where those Mitsubishi Guys hide the sockets.

So by the helps of RDENIS, I decided that I connect the VTR ADAPTER directly at the back of the MMCS itself.

Here is how :

Take a look at this diagram , see Socket D206 and note where these terminals are :

Terminal 47 Video In
Terminal 63 Video Ground
Terminal 64 Audio Left
Terminal 48 Audio Right
Terminal 49 Audio Ground

So you have to find this socket fitted into the back of the MMCS :

Install your cables into D206 to the correct terminals . TheGrey socket doesn't have the numbers written on them, so you have to look at the diagram of D206 and count the the terminals where it should be.

Some people may decide to add the cables of the RCA directly here , however I decided to use theMitsu Genuine Part which I already had my hand . it's Mitsubishi VTR ADAPTER - 8750A047

Just for your information this Part VTR Adapter 8750A047 is connected to the wires through a socket. I know that from my previous tearing up of the car that there is already a socket there. This socket is there for a connection for the REAR ENTERTAINTMENT SYSTEM (RES) since I will not be using the RES, I cut the cable there and used this socket for this purpose. Below is the original location of the socket at the back of the Pajero. This socket is lying just behind the Subwoofer so you must tear up the car a bit

Here you can see the socket that connects to the Mitsu VTR adapter. This socket is already there by Mitsubishi. If you're not going to use the RES as me, you can use it without a problem. However as I mentioned earlier, you can use another RCA Adapter which you can buy from your local electronics shop.

Now I connected all the necessary cables to the RCA ADAPTER and to the D206 socket and I used a protective cover for the cabling.

I pushed all RCA cables towards tothe passanger side from the inside of the car where the MMCS normally sits.

Then I cut a rectangular piece on this part on the PASSANGER SIDE on the bottom left so that I could easily slide the VTR adapter and it would look totally original genuine as if Mitsubishi would ( I don't like cables sticking out of somewhere)

The hole is cut just a milimeter wider so the VTR Adapter sits tightly there.

RCA Cable from behind of the part.

The part screwed back on.

What it looks like when the RCA ADAPTER CASE is not in use :

After connecting VIDEO and/or AUDIO here's what I see on the MMCS ....

I connected , my Sony DSC T300 camera, a DVD Player, a Sony Ericsson P1i phone , a GPS and other electronic stuff and all of them work like like a charm . Some them carry only sound signal, some of them carry video and audio signals.

Sony DSC-T300 Camera

DVD PLAYER

Use Sony Ericsson Phone as a MP3 Player or IPOD - only AUDIO though.

I have had tried other devices with sound and video and they all work very nice. Finally I have the AUX thing on the Pajero.

OTAKU , we're waiting for your magic for the AUX IN MOTION

Old 08-14-2008, 09:57 AM

Congratulations Doublecheese. Great work and great writing. Enjoy you new audio/video source carefull. . .

Quick Reply: Video in, Audio in Project, HELP WANTED !