Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Pause or mute audio

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Default Pause or mute audio

I have a 2007 Outlander XLS with the HDD Navigation/Entertainment package.

Does anyone know how to pause or mute the audio? I can't seem to find a way (but I'm probably overlooking something).

Old 03-22-2007, 08:36 PM
Default RE: Pause or mute audio

Turn the power off.

Old 03-23-2007, 01:23 AM

There is no pause or mute feature, the PWR button does basically the same thing as pause.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:59 PM
JMC

There have been a few posts about this already...I know that Pioneer had a software issue with this once so maybe we'll get lucky.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:31 AM

Powering off is not the same as a real mute button. One of the few gripes I have about my XLS is that the steering wheel audio controls don't have a mute button or switch between presets like other wheel controls. It's one of those minor issues that will probably be addressed in a year or two.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:40 AM

ORIGINAL: packlad

Powering off is not the same as a real mute button. One of the few gripes I have about my XLS is that the steering wheel audio controls don't have a mute button or switch between presets like other wheel controls. It's one of those minor issues that will probably be addressed in a year or two.
It does not have a mute button alright, but you can switch between presets using ^ and v buttons. If I need to mute the audio, I simply turn the volume down. I actually like the simple buttons in the steering wheel, just the needed ones. How often do you reach for the mute button? Does it justify to be on the steering wheel? The only time I wanted to mute the stereo is when I'm taking calls, but since I have bluetooth, MMCS mutes it automatically for me.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:37 PM

There is a way to turn off the radio through the steering wheel control unit in stead of reaching for the dash. The Mode button on the steering wheel. Press it and hold it for 3 to 4 seconds, theradio/cd will turn off press it again and it turns on. I hope this has helped.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:46 PM

It takes maybe 3-4 seconds to have the volume down to 0. I don't know what kind of speed record your looking for to mute the sound but if your in a huge rush turn it off and then turn it back on. To power down and power back up takes 2 button pushes. To mute and unmute also takes 2 button pushes. If you have a CD in pause it. It doesnt get any easier than that.

Old 03-24-2007, 04:24 PM

I was just stating that there was an alternate way of turnig off/on you radio/cd unit, since there's no mute button.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:45 AM

ORIGINAL: rcpax

It does not have a mute button alright, but you can switch between presets using ^ and v buttons.
I believe there are two (at least) different audio units used in the Outlanders. One allows for preset switching via the steering wheel controls, but the one I have does not.

Quick Reply: Pause or mute audio