Mitsubishi Raider The sybling truck to the Dodge Dakota, this sporty pickup combines versatility with economy.

Alpine Woofer Question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 04:50 PM
Default Alpine Woofer Question.

I just bought a 2006 Raider Durocross/Ext Cab. The truck came with the optional stereo upgrade that includes the Alpine speakers and a "large" woofer box that sits in the extended cab just behind the console. Love the sound...but this box takes up a lot of valuable room! Does anyone know how easy this is to remove...and if I do remove it, will the rest of the stereo system operate OK. The thing I don't know is if the amp in the powered woofer enclosure operates just the woofer speakers or if it drives the entire system? Don't want todisassemble this only to find I killed the rest of the speakers!
Anyone out there with any knowlege on this option?

Thanks!

Old 01-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Default RE: Alpine Woofer Question.

I don't know. I have the 4 door. I would find the amp and unplug it and see what happens. If every thing still worked fine then remove the box. If not then plug the amp back in. I have the same sound system but the 4 doors did not come with a sub. I had to get a custom box made to fit behind one of my rear seats.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:39 AM

My subs/amp take up a fair amount of room also - the entire back seat. If you can get the OEM unit out, consider putting it in an enclosure like this. Four wires and two RCA jacks and this slides right out for when I need to put more than two people inside. I bolted handles on either side to make it easier to maneuver - it weighs 125 lbs.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:06 PM

Its rather easy to remove. You will have to remove the rear 2 bolts from the inside of your center console and 2 boths on either side of the box and unclip the wire harness as you lift it out. The amp is wired to only control the sub so your sound will still work correctly.

Old 12-04-2014, 12:52 AM
Default Reply to OP

I know this is a somewhat old thread but OP if you still have that sound box I'd really be interested in it if you haven't already sold it. I just got a Raider a few days ago and didn't know what was missing between my seats till earlier. Let me know thank you or anyone else with one.