New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

2011 RVR Fuel Consumption???

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Default 2011 RVR Fuel Consumption???

Hello, my wife and I purchased a RVR a few months back and have not come even close to the advertised fuel consumption, actually we are almost doubling what was advertised. I drove an entire tank on the highway without using paddle shifters and drove quite conservitive. When I contacted the dealer they said it should take about 3000M or 5000K before we get the stated mileage. Can anyone confirm or dispute this? As this was one of the main reasons we bought the car! Also they is a annoying rattle coming from the shifter area and also a very high pitched electrical noise coming from the rear somewhere??? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 04-26-2011, 03:19 PM

I just got the outlander sport last week and I am only getting about 12mpg in the city and 19mpg on the highway. One reason I got it was for the gas mileage! but i aint nowhere close to what is advertised. I hope I do get to it around 3k miles!

Old 05-15-2011, 11:14 AM

Well we've hit 5000km and the best I could get while driving all on the highway at an average speed of 87KPH was 10.1L per 100KM, way above the advertised 6.6L per 100KM. Not happy.

Old 05-26-2011, 02:31 PM

Ours started to get better around 3k+

I've only done one long semi long trip. 500km, I averaged 8.8L/100km, but there was traffic on the highway (long weekend), 5 adults in the car and i also used the a/c for half of the trip.

But I noticed this also, I'm finding it very hard to get close to the advertised 6.6L/100km on the highway.

Old 02-04-2012, 03:21 AM
Default Poor fuel consumption

Originally Posted by The_Wesstons
Hello, my wife and I purchased a RVR a few months back and have not come even close to the advertised fuel consumption, actually we are almost doubling what was advertised. I drove an entire tank on the highway without using paddle shifters and drove quite conservitive. When I contacted the dealer they said it should take about 3000M or 5000K before we get the stated mileage. Can anyone confirm or dispute this? As this was one of the main reasons we bought the car! Also they is a annoying rattle coming from the shifter area and also a very high pitched electrical noise coming from the rear somewhere??? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Hi there! It sounds like my wife and I are in the same boat as the two of you. We bought ours in December of 2011 and have already put 6000 km on it and still receive nothing even close to the advertised fuel ratings. Have you two had any luck yet? I've just sent an email to the dealer so hopefully they will have some insight....

Old 02-10-2012, 03:38 AM

Have you guys received any positive news yet?

Old 02-11-2012, 11:13 AM

It's been a long time since I visited the forum. Months ago I took the car back to the dealer and they drove the car with myself as passenger on a 40KM round trip. During that trip the car got the advertised economoy. I argued that a 40K trip down the highway was not a reliable test because I was getting consistantly bad econmoy over an entire tank. Basically I had to learn to ignore this because it was really bothering me and tainting my "first brand new car" experience. It's an awesome car that is fun to drive and handles awesome with the 4wd. Best thing I did was change the display so it wasn't showing consumption!

Old 07-25-2012, 09:06 PM

hello,i just bought a 2011 rvr GT , and when i look at the consumption im always around 8,2 L/100km but after a full 65L tank i can only do 650Km (so an average of 10l/ 100km), does anyone else have that kind of problem?
the car as 18000km
im driving it extremely smoothly (the best that i can)

Old 01-25-2013, 09:19 PM

Hi, I purchased my 2011 for reason of It said it was great on gas. I am also not happy with the results. I now have 65000 on my car. It's says it gets 43 mpg but the best I can't get is 33mpg. I purchased this car to do mail delivery...
This car is amazing in the snow. I have to drive this car in ALL weather conditions.
Great car...great features...love the car!

Old 03-25-2013, 02:45 PM

I have an RVR (Outlander Sport) SE AWC since October 2012. The advertised fuel consumption can be reached but definitely not in winter and not with winter tires installed. My average winter consumption with AWD AUTO drive mode is around 10L/100 km (~24 mpg) in city driving in Montreal (based on full tank and traveled distance). Even this requires some degree of discipline. Ever since I have the car I have never revved the engine beyond 4000 rpm. I enjoy the smoothness of the car in the city. I must also say that I am not a kind of driver, who races from one red traffic light to the other. Before the cold I was able to get 9L/100 km (26 mpg). I have put the following info up for some youtupe sites:
"MPGomatic (a youtube tester) was able to achieve 26.4 mpg combined and 28.5 mpg highway. Matt Campbell from down and under (drive dot com dot au) reported 29.8 mpg (8.1L/100km) for the four wheel drive model with CVT. This car has a reasonably flat torque vs rpm curve (75% is available at 2000 rpm; no reason to rev the engine despite the urging feel to do so). Also look at paultan dot org and type +SUV shootout". In that test in Malaysia (Mitsu ASX there) 7.5 L/100km was reported." I am optimistic. Once I can put the all season tires back and warmer weather comes, I will be satisfied. The advertised 6-ish L/100km is absolutely unrealistic given how heavy the car is, not even with the 0.32 drag coefficient.
UPDATE: My driving routine has changed recently. Lately I drive nearly exclusively in the stop-and-go traffic in the city. That makes a whole lot of difference in fuel consumption. Just before the holidays (in 4WD auto at around -20 C/-4 F temperature in Montreal) I got only ~17 mpg (~14L/100 km) but my average speed was only 19 km/h (~12 mi/h) in a short distance, bumper-to-bumper traffic. Nobody can seriously expect under these conditions the advertised ~8L/100 km fuel consumption.

Last edited by Cary5000; 12-27-2013 at 09:59 AM. Reason: UPDATE

Quick Reply: 2011 RVR Fuel Consumption???