New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Looking to buy 2016 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 12:28 PM
Default Looking to buy 2016 Outlander

Hello,

I just sold my 2008 Toyota 4Runner today and I am planning on buying a 2016 Outlander to replace it. It was a tough decision as there are a lot of options in the segment, but with what you get for the price, it seemed like a no brainer.

I know that the Outlander was redesigned for 2016, are there any 2016 Outlander owners out there that can share their experience with the vehicle so far? Also interested in what trim level/options you chose, approx. date you purchased and what you paid, if that is not too personal.

Thanks for your help!

Kathy

Old 09-14-2015, 08:04 PM
Smile

Hi, Kathy,,, welcome!!!! You will really like the 2016 Outlander I just bought a New 2015 with the Great Rebates!! There is a few 2016 members on here. Ck out the photo sec and you will see a 2016 owners let us know when you get your Outlander

Old 11-24-2015, 04:13 AM

had my 2016 GT S-AWC for a few weeks now and loving it!

Old 11-25-2015, 11:34 AM

Bought my 2016 2WD Outlander SE with Protection Package last Thursday, for $22,600 out-of-door (with TTL and dealer doc fee and all rebates). It was literally just off the shipping truck. Now it has about 100 miles on it. Overall I like it very much. All professional reviews complain the power. But I think it is more than adequate for my daily commute.

Several things I do not like (or just because it is different than the vehicle I traded in),

No day running lights. The Outlander has the beautiful LED front parking lights, which are used as day running lights in other markets. But for some reason Mitsubishi disabled it on US model.

The doors will not automatically lock when the car is moving.

According to the owner manual, the doors can automatically unlock when the car stops. But by default it will not. And to enable it, we have to visit Mitsubishi dealer.

It has tire pressure sensors, but it will not display the PSI for each tire.

No good place to put the garage door remote. The visor is very thick.

For the audio, certain wma files are not played correctly. They were played fine in my old vehicle (2007 model).

Cheap way to implement the front lights auto off. It does not have any delay. My old vehicle had a delay so I could still see my way after I was out of the car.

But again, my old vehicle was a top of the line Limited model with auto on/off lights and cost me thousands dollars more. For the price I paid on the new Outlander, I am very happy.

Last edited by guxu; 11-25-2015 at 04:29 PM.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:07 PM
Smile

Awesome!!!!! Congrats !!!! Do you Have any Pictures? Please send some. I bought mine in Aug, but mine is a Copper 2015 SE wish I could of gotten the 2016 .

Old 11-25-2015, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by guxu
No day running lights. The Outlander has the beautiful LED front parking lights, which are used as day running lights in other markets. But for some reason Mitsubishi disabled it on US model.

The doors will not automatically lock when the car is moving.

According to the owner manual, the doors can automatically unlock when the car stops. But by default it will not. And to enable it, we have to visit Mitsubishi dealer.

It has tire pressure sensors, but it will not display the PSI for each tire.

No good place to put the garage door remote. The visor is very thick.

For the audio, certain wma files are not played correctly. They were played fine in my old vehicle (2007 model).

Cheap way to implement the front lights auto off. It does not have any delay. My old vehicle had a delay so I could still see my way after I was out of the car.

But again, my old vehicle was a top of the line Limited model with auto on/off lights and cost me thousands dollars more. For the price I paid on the new Outlander, I am very happy.

Check out etacsdecoder.com
I am pretty sure you can turn the DRLs on with it.
You should also be able to turn on auto lock/unlock with it.
They have never showed the PSI or even which tire is flat, not sure why.

You could replace the mirror with a homelink enable mirror that has the buttons built in. I prefer the tiny keychain remotes and that way if someone steals my car they can't get into my garage... You could also throw it in the center console.

Stop using WMA files, they are stupid.

I can't recall off the top of my head if you can get the headlights to stay on or not, but there are several options in the ETACS decoder software that you can customize some lights to come on/stay on,etc.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:34 PM

chose the 2016 SE S-AWC with the 2.4l over the GT with V6 because of several reasons. don't like cheesy fake wood trim, options too overpriced and the HP to MPG rating wasn't nearly in the ball park for what a V6 should be. Don't really need the 3rd row seating in mine (wife has a 2014 model) but I really like all the improvements they made of the previous model.

I've already got parts on order from RRM to slowly work on the power upgrades. yeah, it's new, but in the end, I'll still drop a DOHC head on it, and plan to improve the brakes and handling.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:49 PM
Smile SE,,,,S-Awc

Krakker, you sound like me, when I got mine. Even thou I didn't get the 2016 model. I got the 2015 SE S-AWC I really Didn't whant the GT with the V6. I needed the Rebates of the 2015 to eat up my Negitive EQ so I had to stick with the 2015. The only thing I wish I could of gotten on mine was the Sunroof, and the Navigation. But other then that I love the color I got Copper.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:43 AM

Hi,
Just curious what you mean by dropping in a DOHC head ?

The 2.4L is already a DOHC.

Old 12-04-2015, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by The Silent Seed
Hi,
Just curious what you mean by dropping in a DOHC head ?
The 2.4L is already a DOHC.
Nope... http://www.mitsubishicars.com/outlander/specifications Ours is not a 4B12.

The newer 2.4's in the Outlander and Sport model only have SOHC engines. Even the 2.0s are pretty lacking in engine head tech.
Being able to goto the DOHC would really open up the tuning and power options. And as long as it's "factory" looking, my dealer don't mind a bit. In fact, them and (parts supplier un named) are keen to see what comes next.
After today's drive, I'm sure it's going to be lowering spring tests and fabbing a custom "solid" strut tower brace. Might have to play with some coilovers, but long term I'm sure will be springs.
Now to find a better sway bar,,,,, hmmmmm. please don't tell me about factory warranty issues, I know.

Last edited by Krakker; 12-04-2015 at 11:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy 2016 Outlander