New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

New Member..long time Mitsu owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 02:25 PM
Default New Member..long time Mitsu owner

Hello...I just wanted to introduce myself. I have ran into this forum alot lately while searching some things concerning my fiance's 04 Mitsubishi Endeavor XLS. Found some helpful info so decided to become a member. I am not a member on alot of message boards...just a couplecredible Mitsu/DSM boards and The Galant Center. This boards looks like a great source for some Mitsubishi info...I am looking forward to spending some time on this site.

Here is a little insite about myself and my Mitsubishi ownership resume.I have owned 4 Mitsubishi's personally and worked on many more. My first car was a 1981 Cutlass Surpreme 442 and it was a fun car, but was breaking down so my parents wanted me to be in a more current and reliable car...so my first Mitsu was a 95 Mitsubishi Galant "S" A/T. That car started my Mitsubishi loyalty and interest in imports in general. It was SUPER reliable to me even though I was rough on it at times...it stayed trouble free. I was going to get rid of the "rice" and go a bit more serious on it...planning a turbo setup and some serious suspension work but things didn't happen that way. With a combination of a really crappy job, no money, and vandalism to the car...I had to scrap it. My g/f (Who is my fiance now) saw how I missed my 7th Gen Galant..she found one for me for Valentines day 2004. A black 96 Galant that was 5 speed which was perfect for what I wanted to continue with my old 95 Galant. With some support from her...I turbo'ed my 96 Galant myself, added a bunch of hard to source JDM parts from Japan for E8 chassis VR4 version, some suspension upgrades and overhaul, and among other upgrades and still to this day modfiying it.

Then in 2006 I decided to buy a car that I wanted since 99 when I got infatuated with it after getting a ride in one. It took a good year to find a well kept, good condition and no rust issues 91 Galant VR4. Its Nile Black 1948 out of 2000 that was a race car one point of its life..then partially restored from the previous owner then to me where I continued restoring it and modifying it. Its loaded with JDM parts and alot of "power" mods.

My fiance owned a 97 Honda Civic...but was stolen one morning. She like the 99-2004 Galants and we bought her one. It was a White 99 Galant ES and it was a GREAT car, but just recently late last year a girl in a 07 Mustang ran a stop sign and Tboned my fiance at 55mph right at the drivers side door. Thank god and great engineering..the car held up, while surprisingly the Mustang got the worst damage. My fiance suffered head injuries and alot of cuts and bruises and still to this day recovering slowly.

My fiance always like the Endeavors...so we bought a 2004 Endeavor XLS with very low miles for her. We absolutely love the Endeavor and I am super impresssed with its performance, handling, ride quality and how much fun its fun to drive. My sister owns a 2006 Lancer SE and my dad owns a 06 Mitsubishi Montero XLS Limited...so the Mitsu love runs in the family.

I have been infatuated with the lancer Evolution since 1998 when I first was introduced by my uncle one day who came from the Philippines. Its my dream car and always wanted to own one. I was planning to buy a Evo IX this year..but the more I read about the Evo X and how well so far tuner shops are getting from the new 4B11t, and driver impressions on overall handling and ride quality...I am planning to buy one next year.

Sorry for the long introduction...but thought I would be a bit formal and a little bit detailed.

Here are some pictures of the Mitsubishi's I own(ed):

My old 1995 Galant:

My 96 Galant turbo

My 91 Galant VR4

My fiances 99 Galant

After the accident

My fiances 2004 Endeavor

And currently:

Old 02-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Default RE: New Member..long time Mitsu owner

dude, i weant the VR-4 lol, no but those are very sweet cars, welcome to the forum dude

Old 02-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Rob
Banned

Welcome. I'd say you are the most dedicated mitsu owner i've ever seen

Old 02-17-2008, 08:07 AM

Welome, Enjoy your stay!

Old 02-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome!

Old 02-17-2008, 07:59 PM

Damn.. Im liking the galant collection you had. A buddy of mine has 2 gvr4's. They are amazing cars, and rare in the states..

Old 02-17-2008, 11:58 PM
Banned

Awesome collection

Welcome!

Old 02-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

Some good lookin cars. Too bad that first one had to be scrapped. Welcome and enjoy your stay.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:06 PM

Thanks for the welcome and my apologies for the late reply. I love my Mitsu's so I am sticking with them.