New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

(NEWBIE) tranny will not shift into overdrive?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Default (NEWBIE) tranny will not shift into overdrive?

I havea 95 diamante out of storage 2 mo.s ago and it seemed to be running fine other than the usual rusty stuff after 2 yrs of storage which is to be expected... Two days ago it will not shift into overdrive every other gear works like a champ, it hits 5th and just rolls the rpm's up.

Had one gentlemen tell me it was a cillanoid and was an easy fix, had another say the noid was in the tranny! please tell me the latter is not true?

Also the check engine light came on last night after rolling to 130,200.... which I figured was the dealers way to hit ya in the wallet when your extended warranty is up. I'm gonna try and reset the computer and see of that helps.

I would like to say that this car rocks and I've never timed it but I have put a few bmw's in thier place goin down the road!!!

If any of you could be of assistance please let me know.

p.s its a six banger

thanx

diskretephx

Old 02-02-2007, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: (NEWBIE) tranny will not shift into overdrive?

The problem is your "end clutch". It is in your tranny but its actually pretty simple to fix. My brother just had it done at a shop for his hyundai and they charged him like 500 but i think that was a bit pricey. You dont even have to take the tranny off to do it cuz its right on the end, hence the name . But thats gotta be your problem.

and as far as the CEL. Just take it to autozone. They will run the code for you for free as long as you car has the obdII. Actually you have a 95 so i dont think you do. Just look around under your steering wheel and see if there is a huge plug that isnt connected to anything.

Old 02-02-2007, 12:46 AM

thank you so much, man am I grateful to have you guy's and this forum....

went out andchecked and your exactly right!!! thank you thank you!

Old 02-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

no problem man. I guess you can thank my brother too because when he had that problem i was like you looking around and researching to find the answer and thats what i found.