Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

about turbo timers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Default about turbo timers?

im more of a safe kind of a person. i live in an urban area, so i bought a few security systems for it. hornet security system and a lojack.

after i took advantage of best buy's free installation, the guy told me i should get a turbo timer.

i read a little about turbo timers and it says that the engine will still run to cool down even with the ignition key out.

doesnt that mean someone could easily steal the car?

cause i heard that having automatic start is an invitation for theives to take the car without a problem.

and whats a good turbo timer brand?

Old 04-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: about turbo timers?

nope its imposibble for them to steal it. The car is gonna shut down regardless and usually you will only have the timer set for like a minute anyway. And greddy makes a good TT
Click Here

Old 04-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Banned

The steering lock is in effect... so unless you break that. And also, they wouldnt get far because as soon as the time runs out the car will shut off... believe me i thought the same thing and decided to try it.

The closest i got was i was able to keep the car running constantly (not on the timer) but i couldnt get past the steering lock.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:05 PM

Most TTs have an E-brake safety feature also. If it's wired in, as soon as you put the handle down, the car shuts off.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Banned

That never worked on mine lol

Old 04-23-2007, 09:14 PM

Ya.. That doesnt happen on mine.. I live in a small town though, where I dont have to worry about it.. You can however just put the key back in, and turn it back to the on position and turn the tt off, and your car will keep running... But you would need the key to do that... So they would be stealing it no matter what anyways

Old 04-24-2007, 11:10 AM

probably doesn't happen on yall's b/c it wasn't wired in. it's an extra option that a lot of ppl don't feel like hooking up just like the auto timer feature... a lot of ppl just let it run fo r30 seconds or a minute afterwards instead of hooking up the auto timer feature that tells the car how long it needs to cool off

Old 04-24-2007, 11:55 AM

The turbo timer on my TSi turns the car off if you put the ebrake down... Of course... I didnt install it myself. (Proven by the fact that it works correctly and isnt attached with electrical tape.)

Old 04-25-2007, 04:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Dusty Eclipse

I didnt install it myself. (Proven by the fact that it works correctly and isnt attached with electrical tape.)
I want to put that in my sig... Thats funny..

My auto timer works, but not the ebrake thing

Old 04-25-2007, 05:00 PM

lol, have at it... though I think Id like to change the word "works" in it to "functions"

Quick Reply: about turbo timers?