Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

install a turbo kit on my 420a eclipse

Old 09-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Default install a turbo kit on my 420a eclipse

i rread about the forum, it has all the interest in it . but i wanna know putting a turbo charge in a 420a is it lot of work or not.
also i have some modification done on my eclipse like BBP Headers and Catback , Vibrant intake , MSD coil and wires and i change the head gasket. after all these .....is my eclipse still be working find with the turbo charger ......i need lot of answer .....thanks

Old 09-16-2008, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: install a turbo kit on my 420a eclipse

this has been discussed many times. Almost once a week. Its all about how much money you want to spend and what you get out of it. Lets say you spend about 3k. Well that will get you just to the point of running on the stock block at about 8psi and now you may have 200-250 hp which is only gonna get you high 14's-low 15's (just about what a stock GST will run.)

To me it just isnt justified to try and TC the 420a. Not to mention some of the stuff you listed that you already have (headers, and intake) are both gonna be useless when you go to do the TC install. So do some more research before you even think about buying stuff cuz there is alot more to it then just slapping it on

Old 09-16-2008, 05:41 PM

i see .......so wat exactly i need to do .....to make the perfect 420a eclipse gs turbo charge ???
cash is not problem thou .......

Old 09-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Banned

You need to sell it and buy a GST. DONE!

Old 09-16-2008, 06:03 PM

but making a 420a running on TC and beat the SRT4 and the GST .......is one of the best i will ever do .......cant give me some tips ....wat all i need to change and upgrade ....plzzzzzzzz

Old 09-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Banned

Sure.

1) Learn to spell

2) Learn propper grammar

3) Try google

4) Sit down and work out the math.

Lets think about this locially shal we?

420a

Pros:

I really can't think of any. If you think you are being different by turboing the 420a you are wong. There are hundreds out there.

Cons:

They are not designed for it, so they will be stressed hardcore.
Its expensive
You only get as much power as a stock GST unless you spend over 10k.

4G63 (GST/GSX)

Pros:

220hp out of the box
Designed to the turbo charged
Can handle 440 ish on the stock motor
Much more potential than the 420a
Cheap to modify.

So WHY on earth would you turbo the 420a?

Lets not forget that the header, exhaust, and intake you bought will be useless anyway, because none of that will fit.

Second, you can't just bolt on a load of random **** and slap on a turbo, you need to know how to work a fuel computer so you can get a good base tune done.

Third, if you are even asking the question on how to turbo the car, then you shouldn't be screwing with it. You obviously have no clue what you are doing, and you WILL break something.

If after all this.... you still want to turbo the car then you should call up your doctor and make an appointment, because you are either really stupid or mentally ill.

If still want to after all that, then I will tell you how.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:19 PM

if cash is no problem... head over to 2gnt.com they can help you A LOT there.... also check hanh racing, and look around in the web.... if you really wanna do it learn how turbos work... because the stock engine can take up to 8-10 psi of boost "safely" and safely between quotes... basically... research research research

Old 09-16-2008, 06:25 PM

well .....thanks
to let you know ......in Belize their aren't too many people doing all these upgrading and performance....and the next thing is they all race their stock .....
that is why i want to do it and achieving these goals ....putting TC on a 420a ...
but after all that harsh words ......i will keep my car as how it is ......rather not keeping it again

thanks for helping me out with the TC information

Old 09-16-2008, 06:29 PM

I see.... pretty much the situation here.... a tc 420a on mild 5 to 8 psi beats most of the engines here.... but you will NEED help.. or a GOOD mechanic... turboing a non turbo engine is not by any means an easy or simply bolt on task... i suggest adrian to first fix the problem with the heating car

Old 09-16-2008, 06:38 PM

well don't worry ......is best do nothing to it
TC is just sth i wanted to put in my car ......but not again
Belize doesn't have .....pro mechanics .....
they all know how to repair thats all ....
like i said .....belize not into these tuning and upgrade, they all drive, and race their car stock ......so yeah

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: install a turbo kit on my 420a eclipse