Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

turbo or supercharger on a N/A??

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 12:17 AM
Default turbo or supercharger on a N/A??

i have a 95 eclipse N/A. and since i don't have a trubo chargerd eclipse what's second best super charger? turbos are very expensive an pain in the *** to put into a n/a, but a super charger all you have to do is just plug n play. you won't get as much power as a turbo but, you'll a get a good kick n the ***.the problem with that is who makes it? how can i find one that will meet one that close resembles my engine specs??? NEED HELP?? if anybody can give me some feedback and info that will great thanks people!!

Old 07-21-2005, 10:53 PM
Default RE: turbo or supercharger on a N/A??

i found one on ebay but it looks like its fake! heres the link

http://motors.search.ebay.com/mitsub...fsopZ3QQfsooZ1

Old 07-23-2005, 12:12 AM

a bjsstang05 thanks for taking time to look for it. i check it out and that is like a blow dryer connected to0 my intake. yup yup is fake EIKI

Old 07-24-2005, 06:10 PM

jacksonracing doesnt have one, aem doesnt have one, the only opption would be a vortech supercharger that you can fabricate the piping for it.

brandon

Old 07-24-2005, 08:53 PM

yup, i knew that . that bites they make it for mazada, honda, and toyota, but not mitsubishi. would i have to fabricate the mounting plate?? which one do i get?? do i get one for a honda civic or just one for a 4 banger???? it sucks when your trying to be original or unique or wait....... even better trying to save money souping up your ride LOL.thanks bjsstang05 for the tips.

Eiki

Old 07-25-2005, 06:08 PM

what makes you think supercharger is plug n play? IMO turbos are cheaper anbd less hassle for your application

Old 07-25-2005, 06:18 PM

once you have the supercharger your going to have to fabricate a supercharger bracket. it all depends on what supercharger you get because of all the diffrent sizes. here are all the websites for them

www.vortechsuperchargers.com www.powerdyne.com www.paxtonauto.com these are all the superchargers that i recommend. BUT LOOK ON EBAY FOR BETTER PRICES!!!!! once you get the supercharger in place and everthing is bolted down then go ahead and measure the dimensions from the air inlet to the supercharger inlet for the piping, then eather get a powerpipe from somewhere or fabricate one yourself. if you need help with fitting the discharge tube let me know and i can see what my brother says about fitting it where you want it to go.....and if you have any other questions pm me or keep this thread alive.

brandon

Old 07-25-2005, 06:24 PM

ORIGINAL: DSMTalonAWD51

what makes you think supercharger is plug n play? IMO turbos are cheaper anbd less hassle for your application
for a junkyard turbo its cheap but for a aftermarket one like hks, turbosnetics their like 3 or 4 grand just for a good one. superchargers are much cheaper and you dont have to "spool" the turbo to get it going superchargers are plug and play but can take up to 4 to 6 hours to install and work with most stock computers and fuel. no offense to turbo guys.

brandon

Old 07-27-2005, 12:48 AM

i would put a turbo on it

Old 07-27-2005, 02:32 AM

I'm farmilliar with the "bolt-on power" available with like the older domestics like camaros and mustangs, but is putting a supercharger on an eclipse really that easy? I've never seen it done, but good luck. Oh, I think your best bet would be to sell what you are driving and get one that is turboed from the factory because the engines are made to hold up better to the boost and internally the rods and everything are "beefier" to hold up. i hope it all works out the way you want it.

Quick Reply: turbo or supercharger on a N/A??