Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Finally, my daughter is driving a clutch

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 12:35 PM
Default Finally, my daughter is driving a clutch

My #3 Daughter is finally able to drive the '97GST, the only problem is getting her to not spin the tires while she is pulling out in front of someone, that is a bit of a concern. Because this car is faster than what she has been driving she is a little more bold about pulling out. Safety first!!! Her boyfriend has a 6 cylinder '06 or '07 Mustang that she has been learning on and she likes the feel of the Eclipse. Start them off with the smaller power and move them on up. I was hoping to have my '72 Camaro ready for her to race at the High School drags, but it will be close to have it running by next season. The picture is her trying the seat out to make sure she could touch the pedals.
Name:  P1080001-1.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  75.0 KB

Old 03-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Default RE: Finally, my daughter is driving a clutch

With all due respect to you sir, but you have a beautiful daughter.

And thats awesome she can drive stick.
I taught my sister how to last week.
Shes only 13, but you gotta learn sometime I always say.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:58 PM

I do wish I had a stick shift car earlier than now. I agree, all kids should start learning to drive around 8-10 years old, but I had sold my stick shift truck before the last 2 could start learning.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:58 PM
Banned

Thats awesome dude. Congrats.

I agree with Josh. Your daughter is gorgeous.

Old 03-25-2007, 04:08 PM

let your daughter race the gst against her bf's car and he'll get beat.

Old 03-25-2007, 06:34 PM

No doubt about beating the extra heavy Mustang. This might be sacreligious but I would like to find a way to fit a small block Chevy inside a GST body and put a Prostreet hood scoop on it that would fit the roundness of the car, but I have enough projects and no money already for my current projects. I've shown this before, but when it comes to my kids I'm very proud and will show it again; a picture from last Christmas when my oldest was here for her delayed wedding reception. She is the one with the blue dress, the one that just learned to drive the clutch is the one holding the upper leg of my college daughter that is leaning back and the youngest to the far left just got her permit to drive.

Old 03-25-2007, 08:07 PM

You've got some great lookin girls How do you have time for any projects? I have one girl so far that's only 2 and she's a handfull. Funny you mentioned the small block conversion, my wife rolled her eye's when I told her I wanted to get a rs and make it a rwd w/a 347 stroker and a top loader. By the way, nice cage work &tubin the camaro, did you do it or send it out? If I finish my wifes car this year, we'll have to line up my wife and your daughter at the strip.lol

Old 03-25-2007, 10:22 PM

I haven't any time for projects lately. Haven't worked on the tubbed Prostreet since May. It would be great to have the gals line up for a race and my daughter would probably love it. I did all the back half, cage and installed the tubs myself, but my buddy who is the brains behind the operation got tired of me not having time and did most of the pan work himself. I wasn't going to show any more Camaro pictures, but since you asked and this is in Off Topic.... also, to put any breed small block in the Eclipse you will probably need to make a full chassis, and if I had time and my other projects were done, I'd do it.

Name:  P5140004.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  53.2 KB

Name:  P4300002.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  45.9 KB

Old 03-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Banned

Adopt meeeee!!!

Old 03-25-2007, 11:11 PM

At the very least sub-frame conectors and one hell of a cage to keep it together. I'm new to DSM's and an old gearhead. I'm a Ford guy, but I love just about any old muscle car that looks and runs good, and some that just run good no matter how they look. That Camaro looks really nice so far, what are you wanting it to run?It looks like it'll be a heck of a hot rod when it's done, might even give the old Maverick a good old-fashioned but whoopin...lol

Quick Reply: Finally, my daughter is driving a clutch