Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

---The Rudest Drivers in the USA Live Here=

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 12:45 AM
Default ---The Rudest Drivers in the USA Live Here=

If you get behind the wheel in Miami, Fla., beware! Drivers in this city are the rudest in the country. They speed. And tailgate. They change lanes without signaling. And they'll cut you off without a second thought.

That's the word from the automobile membership club AutoVantage of Norwalk, Conn., which has ranked the top five U.S. cities with the worst road rage, reports The Associated Press. The results are based on a survey of 2,000 adult drivers who regularly commute in 20 major U.S. metropolitan areas.

The Worst Cities for Road Rage:

-Miami

-Phoenix

-New York

-Los Angeles

-Boston
Cities With the Most Courteous Drivers:
-Minneapolis

-Nashville

-St. Louis

-Seattle

-Atlanta
...What do we do when we encounter road rage? The drivers who are most likely to react to a rude driver are those who are young or have long commutes. To show their displeasure, they honk the horn, curse or make an obscene gesture.

...What should you do? AutoVantage recommends remaining calm and don't make eye contact with an angry driver. Instead, call them one of the names below--if only to yourself. Hagerty, an insurance agency for collector vehicles and boats, conducted a nationwide survey to find out the top 10 things drivers do that frustrate and annoy other drivers. .....How many of these do you see on your daily commute?
--Motor Mouths: Distracted drivers talking on cell phones.

--Turtle Racers: Slow drivers in the fast lane.

--Piggybackers: Pushy drivers who tailgate.

--Wacky Weavers: Drivers who weave through traffic to gain one or two car lengths.

--Gap Snatchers: Obnoxious drivers who speed up to keep you from changing lanes.

--Space Invaders: Hasty drivers who change lanes without signaling.

--Road Ragers: Those drivers who feel the slow burn and red hot anger of road rage--and then act on it.

--Speed Racers: Motorcyclists who race down the middle of a lane between cars.

--Driving Divas: Women applying makeup and men shaving.

--Morse Coders: Drivers who leave their turn signal on for miles.

Old 08-20-2006, 11:18 PM
Default RE: ---The Rudest Drivers in the USA Live Here=

thats kinda cool to know....here in PA we have a bunch of those "turtle drivers" and "morse coders"...they really **** me off....

Old 08-20-2006, 11:29 PM

st louis did have some courteous drivers from the short time i was there lol

Old 08-21-2006, 04:50 AM

i turn into a turtle racer when piggybackers get behind me. going the speed limit around them is my past time here in washington, a lot of old people in seattle though, most of them slam on the gas lol.

Old 08-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

I always wanted to design a system to fix the morse coders. Some sort of system that after like 1 mile the car automatically just yanked the wheel to the direction the signal was flashing... Don't think it'd go over well with the insurance agencies...