PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Ignition problem!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 12:38 AM
Default Ignition problem!!

I have a 95 eclipse non turbo 2.0L, I have replaced the crankshaft position sensor, coil pack, changed the spark plug wires. I am going to change the camshaft position sensor tomorrow, but if that doesn't work, what would be the problem? The car turns over and everything but does not start. I took a spark plug wire off and checked for sparks but didn't get anything....So i need help on what other sensors there are that are tied to the Ignition System..(Crankshaft, Camshaft, and thats all the sensors that i know) So if anyone can relate or help with this problem it will be very helpful.. Thanks

Old 11-14-2006, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Ignition problem!!

sounds like a cam position sensor to me. I dont know what else it could be if its turning over but getting no spark

Old 11-14-2006, 02:29 PM

Hey could it maybe be the fuel pump relay?

Old 11-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

in that case though i would think you would get spark. IDK though. When your turning it over see if you can hear the fuel pump

Old 11-14-2006, 08:42 PM

ok thanks im going to replace the camshaft and the fuel pump relay and see if that works.. I'll let you guys know

Old 11-18-2006, 01:30 AM

Ok so i replaced the Cam shaft position sensor and still got nothing.. The fuel pump relay is good, so no need to replace that. I tested the fuel pump and its running. But the weird thing is that i am getting no gas. I took off the nozzle on the gas line thing and pushed the button and recieved no gas.. I think it might be the PCM..I have done everything you can possibly do. I used the Hanes mitsubishi eclipse guide book to do all the test involved with the ignition and electrical system.. Do you have any other idea what it could be? Still not getting any fire what so ever. I did spray starter fluid in it and it wanted to start at one point and then it stop.

Old 12-14-2006, 05:05 PM

I have the same problem, but the model is eclipse 92 GS, no gasoline, not hear the fuel pump and I don't know where the relay is; and no spark at all. Do you have some idea about the problem ?

Old 12-17-2006, 03:59 PM

hey whats up slight flyer..i have done every test that hanes has in the book that ties with the ignition and nothing works, so my guess is that its the ECU so i guess i need a ecu for it.. but i would invest in the hanes manuel for your car..its great and very helpful..good luck! if you find anything else let me know

Old 04-29-2007, 08:02 PM

Hello everyone. I know this is an older posting but I really need to knoe if the problem was ever resolved and if so HOW? I have a 97 GS that is doing the same thing and I'm running out of ideas. no I have ran out of them. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-29-2007, 08:53 PM

It can also be the ASD relay and ECU.
Here's some more info on the ASD that I just posted up.
https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_137146.../tm.htm#137146

Quick Reply: Ignition problem!!