PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Ignition problem!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Default RE: Ignition problem!!

Did you ever figure out what was wrong with it?

Old 02-20-2013, 06:10 PM

Did you guys fixed that problem? I have same problem, but mine is not getting power to the fuel pump, I checked all fuses including under hood they're good. And also the relays are good. I'm gonna check the CPK and see if its good.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:26 PM

Hi everyone. This is an old post. But results were never posted. I have a 90 eclipse gs 1.8 non-turbo. Was having the same problem. Came out one cold morning and the car would not start. The days warmed up. Now she starts. But runs badly. I possibly narrowed it down to a faulty ECT sensor. Which explains why it wouldn't start with the cold weather. Juve some things to do when learning why your car wont start is to start trouble shooting. I noticed that you were saying you bought this part and that sensor and such. A good idea to replace them yes but not if your low on cash.

Does she get spark? Head to the auto shop and get a tester.
Does she get fuel? Rent a fuel pressure gauge Test before the fuel rail. Also test after the fuel regulator.
If that is all good get some tester for your injector plug wires. if they test out fine check your timing. Pull the plugs get cylinder 1 to TDC and check cam crank and pump timing marks. Whil its at TCD check your rotor and make sure its pointing towards #1 plug wire. It should be marked as 1. And be damned if thats all good and shee still wont start. Cause then we get into sensor's. Check your CAS sensor. Check its OHm resistance. Check voltage from the wire that plugs into it. if that is good loosen up the CAS sensor bolt and have a buddy turn it over while you adjust it. Still doesn't work? Go back to the distributor and check the coil pack for voltage on the neg and pos. Make sure the spark is strong enough. Still not working? Pull the vacuum line from the intake to the power steering unit. pure some gas in it. reattach the line. Start it. Does it stop running after 10 sec or does it keep running? Test the crank sensor. These are all basic test's that you can do to narrow down your problem. I know this much cause I had the same problem. My issue is a faulty ECT sensor. It needs replaced. Thats why it wouldn't start when it got to cold. And its warmer out now. So it starts and drives. But it also runs rich for about 5 minutes. It idles low and bogs badly. you can smell gas from the exhaust from about ten feet. once it gets to OT it leans out. But then it idles at 2000. Once I replace that $70 sensor it should be fine. If its not then I will have to trouble shoot more. Anyways. If your car wont start. check for fuel, and check for spark. Always start there.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:04 AM
Lightbulb

Hello, I received a notification by mail and the problem with my car is solved, I had a BAD ECU (PCM or Computer) I ended up by testing with a Dodge Neon ECU and that was a year and half and since then... Im tunning really good with that Neon ecu. Im a 2G 420a tho, I dont know much about 1Gs but you should try with another ECU just unplugged and plug it. Get one used from a junk yard for $40 and see how it works. Hope it helps! Good luck