PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

P0335 with No RPM signal & No power to fuel pump.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 10:25 PM
Default P0335 with No RPM signal & No power to fuel pump.

Got this vehicle handed down as it stopped running when she was driving. Turned out crankshaft timing gear roll pin sheared off keeping the harmonic balancer from rotating with the crank. I replaced crank timing gear, harmonic balancer, water pump, timing belt and all timing components. I was going to replace crank and cam sensors but not knowing at the time if it jumped time and bent valves i was reluctant to spend another $150 on the two sensors. Everything is back together and it wouldn't start with starting fluid. So i tore the intakes off replaced plugs which had no electrodes left and cylinder 3 and 4 were soaked in oil so went further and replaced valve cover gaskets and tube seals and after 210k miles those tube seals and valve cover gaskets were as hard as a rock. Replaced plenum and upper intake metal gaskets along with egr tube and egr valve gaskets. Every gasket that had to be removed got replaced. Everything back together and now will try to run on starting fluid but will not fully start. I get no RPM on the cluster and no RPM on an OBD scanner. After trying to crank I get P0335 error code. I thought crank sensor would cause no spark but Im getting some kind of spark as it tries to start using starting fluid. The check engine light doesn't come on with key on. I cannot hear the fuel pump priming either. I get 12.54V on one of the crank connector pin and 5.05V on the other. The third pin i get -12.54V i get the exact same readings on the cam sensor connector. Do I have a PCM failure or should I tear it back down and replace those sensors. I bought both cam and crank sensors along with EFI/Fuel relay which also does not click. If you have read this far thanks so much and awaiting any replies. Thanks

Old 08-22-2016, 08:18 PM
Default Solved

Crankshaft sensor replacement fixed the issue. =)