Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

DVD in motion patch for NR261UM

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Zedicus
also, thought i would mention i tried building a update for the USA version with new maps and stuff similar to how the EM version works. unfortunatly the map update info is stored differently on the UM (usa) model. also upgrading the navi and then manually dongrading the kwi files does not work in a usable way iether.

this will happen, just taking time.

(i started working on this because i wanted the new maps, i live in the stix and the old maps from 06 were terrible. my goal is to have dvd in motoin AND new maps, but also have the info available so if i disapear, it doesnt have to be reverse engineered yet again.)

super....

and who knows in the future even an AUX-IN-MOTION patch.. now that would be sooo sweet...

keep up the good work,

Old 07-12-2011, 08:38 AM

also, thought i would mention i tried building a update for the USA version with new maps and stuff similar to how the EM version works. unfortunatly the map update info is stored differently on the UM (usa) model. also upgrading the navi and then manually dongrading the kwi files does not work in a usable way iether.

this will happen, just taking time.

(i started working on this because i wanted the new maps, i live in the stix and the old maps from 06 were terrible. my goal is to have dvd in motoin AND new maps, but also have the info available so if i disapear, it doesnt have to be reverse engineered yet again.)
That would be fantastic! If you spot Aux in motion while digging around, that would be even better I've got 50.21 with 08 maps... it's sad that they'll sell you a vehicle 2 years older than the maps, and then make you pay $300 to upgrade it 6 months later.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:49 AM

KIWI EXTRACTOR WORKING!!!

i need an OLD loading.kwi and alldata.kwi so i can reverse engineer the dvd in motion. if someone has the time find me something around 40.02 or older and link it. (it needs to be UN-patched.)

thanx

Old 07-12-2011, 11:00 AM

KIWI EXTRACTOR WORKING!!!

i need an OLD loading.kwi and alldata.kwi so i can reverse engineer the dvd in motion. if someone has the time find me something around 40.02 or older and link it. (it needs to be UN-patched.)

thanx
This is great news! I'm also happy to help wherever I can. I should have an old version floating around somewhere on my server for USA... I'll take a look.

Do you plan on open-sourcing your tools?

Old 07-12-2011, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by brian360
This is great news! I'm also happy to help wherever I can. I should have an old version floating around somewhere on my server for USA... I'll take a look.

Do you plan on open-sourcing your tools?

absolutly, i dont want this to rely on ME. im all about getting the knowledge out there so i dont have to do all the work.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:45 AM

kiwi extractor with source coming today or tomorow! its ready just gotta roll it into something that is usable by other people.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:49 AM

ALSO, just want to thank brian for the work he has done on this, past and present. he was in on the original unlocking. hopefully he sticks around for the future too.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:36 AM
Nim

Thank you for tour work Zedicus.
I'm very interested by your work and the kiwi extractor.
I'm from France and i have the Citroen version of Outlander (call here C-Crosser).
The loading kwi is'nt the same that the EM version of Outlander so we never had on this a patch for DVD in motion.
I 'm waiting for months for a kwi extractor ;-(
Your work can help us ....thank again

Old 07-14-2011, 10:25 PM

im still working on the packaging. its coming very soon. also i will link up the 3 other kiwi extractors that did not work for me BUT you might have better luck with them.
ALSO im working on adding an SSD to the UM navi, it seems very perticular about what drives work. ive already found 1 that does not....
lots to come, stay tuned.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:13 AM

got the SSD installed. Kingspec drives will NOT work in any size. the drive i have that is working is a Transcend SSD 64gb. i would assume most sizes should work but i dont know about support past 160gb drives. (technically i would assume a size limit of 128gb drives) personally ive only tested up to 80gb and that was not an ssd.

the coppy operation is dead simple, just unlock the drive. then if you dd'ed a backup simply dd it onto the ssd. if you prefer a gui then the simplest way is a bootable linux like elive available from www.elivecd.org then make sure both drives are connected to the computer and use gparted to copy partitions from old to new drives. you can also expand the partitions with gparted. it is recomend to copy all the partitons with out altering their size, reboot, go back into gparted and then resize the partitions as you see fit.

also performance is even noticeably faster then the 7200rpm drive that i was using. this is a good upgrade if only for the performance and durability aspect of it.

Quick Reply: DVD in motion patch for NR261UM