Sights N Sounds Post all of your video and sound clips here.

02 Lancer Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 01:56 AM
Default RE: 02 Lancer Exhaust

Well that sucks... haha

Old 12-07-2007, 10:27 PM

Or buy a different aftermarket brand name exhaust, try streetfire/youtube to see the different tone {if anyone have one}. Just to let you know, but I don't think you going to buy another one anyway.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:50 AM

ORIGINAL: 4g63419

Or buy a different aftermarket brand name exhaust, try streetfire/youtube to see the different tone {if anyone have one}. Just to let you know, but I don't think you going to buy another one anyway.
Is there any aftermarket brand name exhaust that you would suggest? I've already looked and tried to figure out which exhaust sounds best. This was the only one that I thought sounded the best...I haven't heard a Lancer that sounded totally different from mine unless they had a turbo and/or played around with the internals of the car.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:28 AM
Default change setup

I know this is old but for what its worth...

Change your exhaust setup or go with something to give back pressure. "Oh no the more flow the better!" Wrong...

For higher HP applications and/or forced induction this is to a degree true. Given your current mod set-up that pop sound is either one of two things.
1) Could be a hole in your system somewhere but I doubt that since your acceleration sounds nice.
2) Flow is too much for that car if your AF is not adjusted or you havent flashed ECU or piggy back. The popping is cold air (colder than exhaust gases) being sucked back into various exhaust components. Think of your car at idle. If you hit the gas your exhaust gas has a atmospheric pressure to combat which is easy to do. Then you let off gas instantly, you just made a vaccum, atomospheric pressure (and air temperature) rush into exhaust system then...POP. Think of it like a vaccum sealed jar. If its refrigerated it pops as air temp differences. The pop is less audible if temperatures are closer upon opening vaccum.

Try accelerating motor out of gear then slowly decellerating = no pop.

How does one solve that problem. Create back pressure with a muffler with more chambers or flow directions (cheapest) and your exhaust vaccum will be reduced.

Its a fine line to get the correct flow and you will never get the most out of it until you do some ECU or fuel mapping work.

Only reason I know is because I spent literally years constantly moddifying with a very similar set-up.

Check this out for more info http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/te...Scavenging.pdf

still applys to any NA motor.