Sights N Sounds Post all of your video and sound clips here.

Evo thick smoke, please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Default Evo thick smoke, please help

Alright i dont know how to upload it but click here
http://monktonproductions.com/pictures/CIMG3110.AVI

Well i was having a little revving compettition today and my Evo was letting out this smoke whenever i reved it. WTF is the problem?[/align]

Old 02-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Default RE: Evo thick smoke, please help

does it smell?? The car sound like it is strugglign to rev too. how does it drive? looks like burning oil but id almost since the smoke looks brownish. does it smell like oil? Has it done that sice you bought the car? dos the car have any guages inside to read like a Wideband AFR or EGT or oil pressure

Old 02-09-2007, 09:16 PM

not sure, Drives fine from what i can tell, i dont know what it smells like, first time ive seen the rear end when it revs, no just a boost gauge

Old 02-09-2007, 09:20 PM

so it doesnt feel any slower? when you rev is it stuttering like mis fire? are the engine light on?

So all you have is what a boost gauge?

Old 02-09-2007, 09:23 PM

well ever since we got the car, it has had the Service Engine Soon light on. It doesnt feel any slower. I swapped the BOV in it last night because the RS that was in it didnt sound right so i put the RS out of my talon in and it seemed better. So what do you think it could be?

You mean for mods or gauges? its just got the boost gauge

Old 02-09-2007, 10:07 PM

I was just wondering if you had a wideband in there. was the car smoking before the BOV as put in? are you recircd?

what does the smoke smell like?

Old 02-09-2007, 10:10 PM

like i said before, this is the first time i have seen the rear of the car while it was reved. I dont know what it smelled like. And yes the BOV is recirc

Old 02-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Banned

Looks like rich as hell.. i dont get it. Hmmm.... i would find out what kind of code it is throwing. Something is nt right. Looks like a combination of coolant and fuel. Hmm... what the hell [&:]

Old 02-09-2007, 10:24 PM

does any ever drive behind you tht you know? maybe see what it does at WOT under boost. your check engine light is most likly your exhaust so I guess that wont help unless you do have a cat then who knows.

again what did the smoke smell like? how much boost is your car running in the cold weather on pump gas?

Old 02-09-2007, 10:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Looks like rich as hell.. i dont get it. Hmmm.... i would find out what kind of code it is throwing. Something is nt right. Looks like a combination of coolant and fuel. Hmm... what the hell [&:]
that is why I keep asking what it smelled like. its either rich ir oil. If its rich he may have a boost leak or a bad tune it is not a proven fact but we are all under the assumption that it has had a reflsh

I wouldnt say coolant that smoke is not white at all. the light color is normal but the brownish isnt so much

and is it just me or does that car sound weird? It sounds like and STi motor almost it ery strange

Quick Reply: Evo thick smoke, please help