Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

awww a 5.7L losing to my 2.0L

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: awww a 5.7L losing to my 2.0L

we just started cracking up though as soon as we read the name.

Old 06-29-2006, 03:44 PM

my name name or my screen name?

Old 06-29-2006, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

your name name. Cuz we were sittin there like "what the heck is this guys problem" so mike decided to look at your profile on here, and is shows your full name. Where like "oh what a jerk"

Old 06-29-2006, 05:52 PM

formula firebirds are not ***** cars. they are quite badass. with minor mods and when i say minor i mean stuff that i can do in my garage they can easily be 11 second cars. turbo is good, but there is no replacement for displacement. one of these days your 2000cc engine is gonna come up against someone who's not a fool and have a ported and cammed 5.7L tbird or SS and you are not gonna know what happened. it's true that muscle cars just don't respect the import factor. but at the same time i see just as much disrespect for cars that have proven themselves again and again to be stronger and faster than anything the import market can produce.

Old 06-29-2006, 09:23 PM

ORIGINAL: GuidoSalducci

formula firebirds are not ***** cars. they are quite badass. with minor mods and when i say minor i mean stuff that i can do in my garage they can easily be 11 second cars. turbo is good, but there is no replacement for displacement. one of these days your 2000cc engine is gonna come up against someone who's not a fool and have a ported and cammed 5.7L tbird or SS and you are not gonna know what happened. it's true that muscle cars just don't respect the import factor. but at the same time i see just as much disrespect for cars that have proven themselves again and again to be stronger and faster than anything the import market can produce.
I am not doubting it one bit but dont be a cockey jerk off when your car is Slow. You get what I mean I dont even think my car is fast and this guys car had no chance at all. I would have won totally stock.

Ive seen plenty of imports that are just as fast as muscle cars its no joke with $$$ any car can be fast weather you have respect for it or not. I dont mind firebirds one bit, I like em and I know there potencial but stock they dont move

Old 07-15-2006, 03:21 AM

nice

Old 08-05-2006, 11:32 PM

that's awesome!!! i hate people with their muscle cars that think they're all big....buuuuut they arent and i guess you proved that! hahaha firebirds may be "badass" but seeing on how this is a mitsubishi forum im definently on the DSM side of it! good race!

Old 08-24-2006, 03:30 AM

ORIGINAL: hummina

i would just like to point out that not all V8 guys are cocky, thank you very much[sm=grinangel.gif]
and another point: if that formula really was a 14 second car, thats one very sick bird and/or stupid *** driver. im leaning to the later[8D]
Yeah, i am a V8 guy and im not cocky about it. Its just the way I like to do business. Some hitmen like to shoot from a distance with a high velocity shot, like a sniper. That would be the turboed 4 and 6 cylinder crowd, such as the fine people of this forum. But some of us like to get that big, powerful, sawn off shot gun out and get up close and BAMB! Of course, we have to be close(thats the gas mileage and how it gets to us lol). Blow their head apart, either way, we like to goble up ricers! Yay! And the driver of that Bird is most likely a ricer in disguise. Had you pulled up next to me, I would have been more interested in your car, and more enthusiastic about your car. I like to chat with people about their cars, as long as they're not ricers, even if they get their speed from forced induction and I use more cubes. Anyway, what im getting at is that he probably didnt know how to drive it either, being a ricer in a nicer car without a fart can. Most of those guys will just rev it up and let it rip like you would with your Evo, but with no turbo lag and all of the cubes, the tires dont like it much and they will just spin them, as im sure you know. If you have a 12 second car on a good launch and you didnt give it your best launch, chances are hes an *** who cant drive and or that Bird has a wounded wing. They are good for high 13s stock, so I dont think he would have faded quite so fast had he been driving right. Nice kill though, keep beating on those ricers in disguise!

Old 08-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 8000RPMS

Had you pulled up next to me, I would have been more interested in your car, and more enthusiastic about your car. I like to chat with people about their cars, as long as they're not ricers,
Yea im the same way, i dont care if its muscle or turbo, even though im more into turbo. As long as the person is cool to talk to, its always interesting to see what other people do to there cars.

Old 08-24-2006, 03:05 PM

i have a few friends that own muscle cars, ones a trans am, the other is a foxbody mustang, but their cool dodes, and i'm more interested in shiny things, i like to detail cars more then race them.

Quick Reply: awww a 5.7L losing to my 2.0L