New struts tips? - Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2016, 01:46 PM

Default New struts tips?

Greetings, all -

I picked up a 2001 Spyder a while back and it's in great shape. The only thing that's actually shot are the front struts. They noticeably bounce when going over a bump on the highway and occasionally do that bounce-bounce-bounce oscillating routine on rural roads.

I'm pretty good with a wrench but have never replaced struts before. On the advice from my tire guy, I'm planning on replacing the complete set, including springs. Looking over some web forums and the Chilton manual, it doesn't appear to be any big deal.

I usually just keep cars for a year or two, so there's no reason to blow the big bucks on some quality brand like AGX. I was thinking of going with this brand since the sway bar end links are included for just a few more bucks. An alternative without the sway bars would be this brand.

So, any thoughts or tips, gentlemen?