Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in?

Newbie - Lowering my car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 11:48 PM
Default Newbie - Lowering my car?

Hey guys. I drive a 04' Eclipse Spyder GT. I'm interested in lowering my car. I have two questions. 1. what kind of kit do I get? 2. If anyone has my car and has done this I would like to know what kind of kit you have, how much did you drop it and what your experience with it is like?

Thanks

Old 06-02-2006, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Newbie - Lowering my car?

With lowering there is two ways that you can go. You could buy some lowering springs and then a good set of shocks and struts, otherwise the stock ones will die quickly and youll have a bad ride. Or you can get a set of coilovers (the ones that come with the shocks and struts. Never get the cheap ones that mount on your stock struts. With coilovers you can adjust the ride hieght, but depending on how far you lower it you may need a camber kit. The difference between the two is either adjustable hieght or constant height, and the price. Getting coilovers is generally more expensive than lowering springs and struts.

Old 06-05-2006, 10:08 PM

most lowering spring go 1.5" for eclipses.. maxis 2" on a spring....adjustibles i guess its all your preference....i like eibach they have always been a good company

Old 07-16-2006, 07:27 PM

hey engineer, i bought cheap coilovers on ebay.. do they look small, even the lowering springs look bigger then them..
are they suppose to be attached to something else.. im trying to lift the car up couple more inches so i dont hit bumps as easy

Old 07-17-2006, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

EBAY coilovers = ****TY PEICES OF CRAP

Old 12-18-2006, 10:40 PM

I have an "00 Eclipse GT with a stock suspension so far...I went to a local shop today to get an idea on what to get and how much it was gonna run me. I asked specificaly about the Tein S-Tech springs and was told that they drop 3gs 1.7 to 2.0 and are more racing aspired. I was then told that my next option was either Eibach or Goldline. Eibach lowers it 1.6 to 1.8, and Goldline is a solid 1.5 all around. I just want a more aggressive stance on my car. The research that I did before going to the shop said that Eibach lowered it 1.6F and 1.4R,Tein S-Tech - 1.5 all around and I've heard of Goldline but wasn't really intrested in them.Anyone with a lowered 3g that has any of these springs please let me know how you like them and what they ran you. I was also told that I should eventually get shocks/struts, the guy recommended that I get the KYB Gr-2 series and that is what I was going to do.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:34 PM

You didn't mention a price, so I will mention your optimal solution:

Tein coilovers

Old 12-19-2006, 04:48 AM

the springs are bout 250 with a full alignment and camber its totaled to around 625 or so.then add on the KYB's and thats like 900. Is thisan okay deal? I'm kind of new to this and I want quality without getting ripped off. Aren't coilovers around $1,000?

Old 12-19-2006, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

900 is getting ripped off. You can get the springs and struts for around 600. And you dont need a camber kit with that lowering hieght. But what youve mentioned are good choices. Emonz on here had a 3g with KYB's and goldline springs and it was fine. But any of those are good. If it were me i would go with the tien s-tech click hereand then the kyb AGX click hereor the kyb gr-2

Old 02-22-2007, 08:11 AM

i have the a 01 3g like you but yours is a 04... i have the Eibach prokit which lowers the front 1.6 and the back 1.4 i barely rub or hit the ground.. and if you go with the Eibach SPORTLINES which is the 2" drop all around and get a lipkit *SS* or *WW* you going to have to go up your drive way at an angle... big angle. Eibach with KYB. gost me around... mmm 350 shipped? i can help you look for a site to get it that low. or somewhere around there

Quick Reply: Newbie - Lowering my car?