Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   1st Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/1st-generation-62/)
-   -   About to buy a 94 gs turbo...need input. (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/1st-generation-62/about-buy-94-gs-turbo-need-input-25672/)

nisama 02-20-2008 03:08 PM

About to buy a 94 gs turbo...need input.

I'am about to purchase a 94 gs turbo from a dealership. The vehicle has 32k...thats right 32,000 miles on it. The dealership gave me a CarFax report that backs the mileage. I need to know if this is a high maintenance car. I'm gonna be spending about $4k on it and I want to make sure I'm not going to be wasting my money. The test drive was smooth and the car is in xint condition from the inside out. Any input or past experiences with this car would help in my decision in whether I'll be getting a steal or throwing money down the toilet....thanks.

dsm1990gsx 02-20-2008 07:47 PM

RE: About to buy a 94 gs turbo...need input.

Well to start off 4k for that low of miles isn't a bad price, but there are a lot of things to watch for expecially for a 1g. Try to get some service records if possible and see if the timing belt has been changed.

Sebba 02-20-2008 08:48 PM

Honestly, if you plan on spending 4k on it after, I recomend buying a 2g, you really wont regret it. I also recomend getting a GSX

dsm1990gsx 02-20-2008 08:58 PM

Dont listen to sebba, we need some more 1g guys on the forums lol.

vr4girl 02-21-2008 06:06 PM

no, go 1g all the way. but a dsm [1st gen & 2nd gen] both require a lot of maintenance. if you plan on modifying it, your going to have to keep a deep pocket. google jokes about dsms. they arent really jokes. lol.

things to keep in mind:
1. are you mechanically inclined?
2. its a mitsu [not realiable usually]
3. fixing it isnt cheap like a honda.

also, did you say its a gs turbo? that means it is the gs with a turbo kit put on it? if so, then i would be careful with it. Previously modified cars arent always a good thing. especially when it comes to forced induction.

Sebba 02-21-2008 08:30 PM

Now thats only partly true.

What I meant by it was that a 2g would be better because its just not as old. Regardless of miles.

They are also extremely cheap to fix.

nisama 02-22-2008 01:57 AM

OK, just to clarify...this is a gs-t model. Everything on this vehicle is stock (to my knowledge). And I'm not planning on doing any mods at all. I just need it as a second car that I can drive daily, but if I'm gonna have to spend more money than its worth on it...or frequently have to service it then I would rather look for another vehicle. I just basically want to know how reliable this car is, but I guess that would be hard to answer not knowing how the vehicle has been taken care of. Any input is much appreciated, thanks again.

vr4girl 02-22-2008 04:08 AM

yeah. well. dsms arent reliable. and, that is a dsm. i had a 1st gen non turbo, and it was my daily driver. its just old, and you have to keep the maintenace up. if you want something that old, and want it to run, get a honda. [no offense] but they last a lot longer than a mitsu without maintenance.

TheEngineer 02-22-2008 08:47 AM

My only question would be what has this car been doing for the last 14 years to only have 32k on it :D. The thing with most of these cars is that they are just old and rusted. But if it really is that low miles and clean then its not a bad deal even though its not AWD.

Sebba 02-22-2008 11:40 AM

Why the hell was my post(s) deleted?

I am noticing this more and more, and its pissing me off.