Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   1st Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/1st-generation-62/)
-   -   how to find a vacuum leak? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/1st-generation-62/how-find-vacuum-leak-10262/)

BrunoBoy650 05-01-2006 10:05 PM

how to find a vacuum leak?

i know for sure i have a vacuum leak, but how do i find it?

DSMTalonAWD51 05-02-2006 12:11 AM

RE: how to find a vacuum leak?

how do you know

BrunoBoy650 05-02-2006 02:36 AM

ORIGINAL: DSMTalonAWD51

how do you know

well i heard a BIG Hissing noise, coming off my BOV so i changed the hose and its fixed. but then at high rpms. it still doesnt let me go past a certain rpm, even though im not running high psi,(so it isn the fuel pump) and im running a stock turbo. well at high rpms, it stutters or fluctuates and i asked my dads friend whose a mechanic, and he said it sounds like another leak somewhere.

DSMTalonAWD51 05-02-2006 02:40 AM

vacuum doesnt affect anything when you are on the throttle, if it was a vacuum leak it could affect your idle. i would say its a intake leak somewhere. what boost are you running exactly and what do you mean it wont let you run rpms. are you hitting fuel cut?

BrunoBoy650 05-02-2006 02:57 AM

vacuum doesnt affect anything when you are on the throttle, if it was a vacuum leak it could affect your idle. i would say its a intake leak somewhere. what boost are you running exactly and what do you mean it wont let you run rpms. are you hitting fuel cut?

its like the other guys problem, only happens when i slam the throttle. its not fuel cut because when i ease into the gas it works. im running 7 psi.

TheEngineer 05-02-2006 03:34 PM

[:@]just becuase it works when you ease into the gas doesnt mean its not fuel cut, fuel cut is only going to happen when you floor it. (ie 100% throttle). So it still could have been that.

BrunoBoy650 05-02-2006 08:44 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

[:@]just becuase it works when you ease into the gas doesnt mean its not fuel cut, fuel cut is only going to happen when you floor it. (ie 100% throttle). So it still could have been that.
ok,

DSMTalonAWD51 05-02-2006 08:46 PM

i think both of you have a boost leak. boost leak would cause a studder/quiet popping sound, fuel cut would be a hard slam, and i dont think its possible at 7psi

BrunoBoy650 05-02-2006 09:26 PM

i think both of you have a boost leak. boost leak would cause a studder/quiet popping sound, fuel cut would be a hard slam, and i dont think its possible at 7psi
and i can check that by listening too? or do i just check all the hoses