2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

1995 Eclipse GSX -- Have Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 01:21 PM
Default 1995 Eclipse GSX -- Have Questions

Hi my name is eric and Im thinking of getting a 1995 Eclipse GSX. It has 45,000 miles or so. Have any of you had any problems with this car or is there anything i should know about when i get it? </P>

What kind of modifications will I need to get to make it run low13's? What will I get with intake/exhaust? </P>

Is there any problems that you have had with yours after you bought your car? I read alot about people having problems with the transmission. Alot of people said its very crappy shifting? Whats bad about it and can it be fixed? I read that the gears slip sometimes. I also read about problems with the timing belt and water pump. Also read about crazy oil conomption. </P>

How will I do on gas milage. Is it reliable and easy to maintain? How is the room in the car? Is the insurance going to be very expensive?</P>

This will be my first car and I want to make sure I will be happy with it</P>

Thanks</P>

Old 05-23-2003, 03:34 AM

<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=black size=3>Hey, I have a Spyder GST and runninglow 12s in 1/4 mile.</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial size=3>I can tell youif something is goodor bad formany things but don't wanna give you or make you a list to put your car into low 13s...</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial size=3>It's your car...you should modify it as your choices...discuss is welcomez!!!</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial size=3>Transmission...yes, this is the problem Mitsubishi had for long time and they couldn't fix it on second gen. either...</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial size=3>I had problem with fourth gear syncroz...but I had warranty and fixed with no charge.</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial size=3>And now I have aftermarket transmission with dual syncroz in every single gear andbetter gear ratios that put 8mph up on 1st gear and 6mph up on second gear...etc...for 'bout $3000...</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial size=3>No problems yet...</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial size=3>This is my third projecting car and I love it and nice potential engine...</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial size=3>I was gonna get myself a GSX too but I wanted a convertible and didn't like the top end of GSX's AWD...off the line of GSX was beautiful and handling but I'm dragging and after second gear...AWD's power dividing to AW...I didn't like it...</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial size=3>I liked the top end of GST and i have fixed the off the line problem with LSD(Limited Slip Diffrential) and now I have better off the line than GSX's...and g2 love the convertible top!!! </FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial size=3>But sure GSX is a great car and you can also do the RWD conversion like my friend did to his GSX...if you don't like the problems I list above in the future...Go for it!!!</FONT></P>

</P>

Old 07-02-2003, 02:00 AM

to get your car into low 13's it will cost you a little cash.. and with a 95 you have to watch for crankwalk</P>