2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

2006-07 GS Performance Parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 10:14 PM
Default 2006-07 GS Performance Parts

I've got an 07 GS, and was surprized on the lack of parts "visibly" available for it on the net. I've found some parts for the GT, but none for the GS.

I work for a "mustang shop", and when the 05 GT came out, there were at least a hundred performance parts available, starting from CAI to exhaust systems that we had access to. This is my first "import" that I've ever owned, so I'm wondering if this is normal for lack of parts.

I see a couple things, the induction system on the GS is a nice startup platform, I could see changing that to a dual inlet as room is sufficient (one per side of latch), aluminum duct to the airbox, and new duct to TB. There's also room to change the duct to the fender, use a conical filter instead, long tube method.

Stock exhaust looks a bit restictive, headers look ok for NA. Would need a system with silencer. This is my first observations.

Stereo, has anyone taken the dash apart to see whats behind it? The new civics, can actually put a normal stereo into it once you remove the from panels.

Anyways, if anyone knows of performance parts available, let me know. I've searched for a couple hours.

Thanks

Old 07-24-2006, 11:33 PM
Default RE: 2006-07 GS Performance Parts

The reason your having problems is that this is a completely different engine that no one has produced before. The Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing and lift Electronic Control (MIVEC) engine, electronically controls the valves allowing different amounts of air and fuel at different RPMs and driving conditions. So companies such as AEM, Apex, Greddy and what not have not had enough time to develop parts since this engine takes crucial things such as the valves into the hands of computers instead of just belts. If you want to mod it some what now, you can replace the intake with a custom tube and a KN&N cone filter for a CAI, and for the exhaust, if you really want it done you can just have some one make you a custome mandrel bend exhaust and just have them weld on a universal performance muffler. But if I was you, i would just be happy with a new car, and wait till they have time to develope well made parts that have been thourally tested.

As for the indash cd player, i don't know any one that makes an indash kit for an aftermarket cd player for that car. If I was you I would just get the upgraded adio system that the dealership offers.
650-watt (max.) Rockford Fosgate® audio system with a 6-CD/MP3-compatible in-dash changer and 9 speakers (including an integrated 10” rear subwoofer)

Old 07-24-2006, 11:54 PM

Actually, that was kind of my point. the 04 GT and 05 GT were two completely different engines, only modular components transfered. We were offered dollar cars early 04 for aftermarket development. Wasn't sure if Mitsu did the same type of programs.

I could not get the Rockford added without the S&S package. I do not want a sunroof. Besides, the car I was in with the Rockford, wasn't to impressed.

Thanks for the responce anyways. Cheers

Old 07-25-2006, 01:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Casper

I've got an 07 GS, and was surprized on the lack of parts "visibly" available for it on the net. I've found some parts for the GT, but none for the GS.
welcome to the mitsu family, only the dsm's have an extensive after market.... market.

I work for a "mustang shop", and when the 05 GT came out, there were at least a hundred performance parts available, starting from CAI to exhaust systems that we had access to. This is my first "import" that I've ever owned, so I'm wondering if this is normal for lack of parts.
Mustangs are a dime a dozen and big companys know this, its called being "in the business to make money"

I see a couple things, the induction system on the GS is a nice startup platform, I could see changing that to a dual inlet as room is sufficient (one per side of latch), aluminum duct to the airbox, and new duct to TB. There's also room to change the duct to the fender, use a conical filter instead, long tube method.
First I see a waste of time, second you cant be serious, thrid all you need is a basic intake to gain power, not a dual, air box anything). A alunimun piping route would be nice but a cone filter would suffice in this case untill k&n or aem develop something.

Stock exhaust looks a bit restictive, headers look ok for NA. Would need a system with silencer. This is my first observations.
Which stock exaust isant restrictive, 2.5 cayt. back to a round can muffler is all you need.

Stereo, has anyone taken the dash apart to see whats behind it? The new civics, can actually put a normal stereo into it once you remove the from panels.
My guess, some wires and eventually a fire wall like every other car. And you can stick a "normal" stereo into any car with a wiring harness and a dash adapter kit, a total cost of 30 bucks.

Anyways, if anyone knows of performance parts available, let me know. I've searched for a couple hours.
roadracingengineering.com

right now hahnracecraft.com is trying to make a turbo kit for the 4g, if you want a free turbo setup and dont live to far... and dont mind your car being a test dummy hit them up.

Old 07-25-2006, 10:25 AM

I think it is roadraceengineering.com instead, but I didn't find anything for the 4g.
Hahns a very reliable company and if your lucky enough to have them try out new stuff on your car for free, all I have to say is lucky son of a @#$%H lol.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:09 AM

http://roadraceengineering.com/4g.htm

Old 07-25-2006, 04:01 PM

I could not get the Rockford added without the S&S package. I do not want a sunroof. Besides, the car I was in with the Rockford, wasn't to impressed.

WOW.. my Rokford system hits HARD. maybe you needed to play with the settings in that car. the 6 disk in dash player is awsome and the sound from this system is the best i have every heard from a stock setup. It even has several different surround settings like, live, stage, hall, ect.. i love mine..