2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

50 shot

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 03:24 AM
Default 50 shot

if i put a 50 shot on my gs-t would that be safe? whats the difference between wet and dry?

Old 06-25-2007, 03:39 AM
Default RE: 50 shot

I dont own a 4g63 myself so i could not tell you, however, dry nitrous is just injecting nitrous into the engine (keeps the mani dry), as to where wet nitrous is mixing them up creating a perfect mix wetting up the mani, but for that you need a wet flow intake manifold if im not wrong... direct port nitrous is the same, but it sprays through each branch of the many directly into the engine.
I wouldnt recommend getting this if not knowing the different types or the damage it can make to your engine, sure lot of people like to see the bottle through a window, but keep in mind this... a car near my house exploded for improper use, (or as i call it, stupidity) or incorrect installation (its such an irony that the car was an eclipse, a 3g, but an eclipse)

Old 06-25-2007, 02:42 PM

thanks brother im just gonna stick to boost!!!

Old 06-25-2007, 04:42 PM

Good call.. Get a bigger turbo if you want more powa!

Old 06-25-2007, 04:45 PM

Exactly is more reliable and less dangerous (to your engine, it will only be harmful if youre stupid enough to let it be), Boost is the way to go for imports, unless you have the strongest engine , stick around this people can help ya with all your boost needs

Old 06-26-2007, 12:36 PM

i think the only time nitrous should be used on a car is to spool a large turbo. i saw an SRT-4 use a 50shot system to spool up a gt42r on his car for the dyno contest and put down 640 something whp.. but he only uses it long enough to spool the turbo and nothing more. basically it just gives you a longer active boost time...

Old 06-26-2007, 12:57 PM

that is a smart idea. never would have thought of that
[align=left] [/align]

Old 07-05-2007, 06:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Kaede.Noir

I dont own a 4g63 myself so i could not tell you, however, dry nitrous is just injecting nitrous into the engine (keeps the mani dry), as to where wet nitrous is mixing them up creating a perfect mix wetting up the mani, but for that you need a wet flow intake manifold if im not wrong... direct port nitrous is the same, but it sprays through each branch of the many directly into the engine.
I wouldnt recommend getting this if not knowing the different types or the damage it can make to your engine, sure lot of people like to see the bottle through a window, but keep in mind this... a car near my house exploded for improper use, (or as i call it, stupidity) or incorrect installation (its such an irony that the car was an eclipse, a 3g, but an eclipse)
Dry is when you have a nitrous nossle in your up pipe that just sprays nitrous. The nitrous goes in your intake with the rest of the air.
Wet is when you have a nitrous and fuel nossle in a Y config put in the same place but when the nitrous sprays so does the fuel.
Direct port is when you have it tapped in each runner of your manifold.
Depending on how rich you run a dry could work but a wet is safer because you add the extra fuel when you spray.
Using nitrous to spool your turbo is a great idea if your turbo is to big for your motor or you have drag car. And a turbo can be just as bad as a nitrous if you dont know what your doing.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

well nitrous can be safe if it is correctly tuned for or else youll blow your engine from knocking. But like they said. Its better just to run more boost

Old 07-05-2007, 06:11 PM

ORIGINAL: gump
Dry is when you have a nitrous nossle in your up pipe that just sprays nitrous. The nitrous goes in your intake with the rest of the air.
Wet is when you have a nitrous and fuel nossle in a Y config put in the same place but when the nitrous sprays so does the fuel.
Direct port is when you have it tapped in each runner of your manifold.
Depending on how rich you run a dry could work but a wet is safer because you add the extra fuel when you spray.
Using nitrous to spool your turbo is a great idea if your turbo is to big for your motor or you have drag car. And a turbo can be just as bad as a nitrous if you dont know what your doing.
How does that differs from what i said? and you see even freedom is harmful in the hands of stupidity

Quick Reply: 50 shot