2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

'95 & '96 Eclipse RS

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004 | 12:48 AM
Default '95 & '96 Eclipse RS

I'm looking into getting another car, and I'm kinda going back and forth between a few different cars... i really like the '95 & '96 Eclipses because theyre fairly inexpensive compared to a few of my other choices, and theyre pretty sweet cars.. but all my friends have hondas, so i was wondering if anyone can give me their opinion of these specific eclipses, mainly reliability and how they compete with other sport compacts

Old 07-06-2004 | 03:33 PM
Default RE: '95 & '96 Eclipse RS

Well i have a 99 RS, pretty much the same thing as the 95 and 96, except for a couple of different exterior mods. But yeah, their driveability and durability are awesome, ive had mine fr about 7 months now, and i havent had any problems except for the brakes, but those were already messed up when i bought it. The RS is kinda slow though, it can outrun you're friends in their little Hondas and Acuras, but there are a lot of cars that can smoke you, so beware. My RS has been working out great for me, and i dropped in a tubo kit, so when someone sees your RS sticker on the back they think they're going against a non turbo. Well let me tell you, there's no better feeling then seeing the look on your opponents face when you take off the line and all he can here is a blowoff valve in between shifts, then maybe he will notice the power of a turbocharged eclipse.

Old 07-06-2004 | 03:37 PM
Default RE: '95 & '96 Eclipse RS

Well i have a 99 RS, pretty much the same thing as the 95 and 96, except for a couple of different exterior mods. But yeah, their reliability and durability are awesome, ive had mine for about 7 months now, and i havent had any problems except for the brakes, but those were already messed up when i bought it. The RS is kinda slow though, it can outrun you're friends in their little Hondas and Acuras, but there are a lot of cars that can smoke you, so beware. My RS has been working out great for me, and i dropped in a tubo kit, so when someone sees your RS sticker on the back they think they're going against a non turbo. Well let me tell you, there's no better feeling then seeing the look on your opponents face when you take off the line and all he can here is a blowoff valve in between shifts, then maybe he will notice the power of a turbocharged eclipse.