2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

'95 eclipse?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 12:28 AM
Default '95 eclipse?

I know nothing of these cars.
I have the chance to buy a 1995 eclipse (non-turbo) for $3000. It's in fairly OK condition. I think it has the 2.0 in it, its an automatic, aftermarket CAI, brand new tires, I looked at the previous inspection and it was better in every catergory that the inspection sheet has. It has a push button start, a fart can muffler (loud and annoying).

Is there anything I need to look for or be wary of?

I know my way around my truck but this not these cars, any help or advice is muchco appreciated

p.s. what MPG did ya'll get?

Old 05-04-2005, 01:49 AM
Default RE: '95 eclipse?

Get a Stick!!! If you do I would check for crank walk. Mitsubishi's are sometimes known to get it you'll hear a clicking sound in the engine when you clutch it meaning the crank shaft is shifting back and forward. Check for rust from the inside out. Mitsubishis seem to rust that way. Best bet is probably getting a compression tester for around 30 bucks from your local auto parts dealer. Make sure if it has sunroof that it works ( so expensive to fix ). Have him get in it and drive around in the parking lot while you check the exhaust for abnormal colored smoke, if it has a muffler it may have been beat heh. Then the usual check oil drive around, check oil again, check lights, check windows, etc. As for MPG i think its around 25-28 city, 31 highway. Check www.Edmunds.com they have every single car spec on there and could tell gas tank size, mpg, interior seating room, standard features, etc. Good LUCK!

Old 05-04-2005, 10:05 AM

also when test driving it drive it hard so if there is any problems you will notice them.

Old 05-04-2005, 03:31 PM

you dont need to worry abuot crankwalk on a non turbo, thats a 2g 4g63 problem. Go buy a compression tester for $30 and test the engine before you buy, thats the only thing that matters.