2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

95gst cranking... cranking... cranking...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 95gst cranking... cranking... cranking...

J/w how did you check for fuel? Are you getting an injector pulse when you crank?

Old 09-22-2008, 10:59 PM

Can hear the fuel pump turn on. Im not getting any spark... Pulled the plug wire off and grounded it with a screw driver.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Scubba.steve

Got ignition module from junk yard today.. Again Still nothing. Im not understanding.. I started the carSEVERAL times before i purchased it. Would fire up everytime. Then the roll back came... And wouldnt start after that. Is it possible with his crazy driving (He was doing about 70) on the backroads knock off a ground?? Anyone else have a gsx that could give me a wiring diagram for ALL ground wires??? Much appriciation
Ok Steve, try this...check the ignition transistor. Right around the coil area is a little module that the coils plug into. Replace it with one from the yard if you can. This part gave me issues once because it didn't seat snug enough.

[IMG]local://upfiles/10268/3D83BF6940284EF9A5AA95871D32381A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-23-2008, 03:19 AM

One more thing, be sure that there isn't standing water in the spark plug tubes (I'm sure you've already done this, but just want to be sure).
Oh, clean the ignition transistor connections with alcohol. Also checking resistance from one end to the other isn't a bad thing to do either.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:10 PM

Silvercoupe, i Did replace this item with the one i got from the junkyard, Also used my haynes manual and checked it with an ohm meter between terminals 1 and 3 then hooked up a 1.5volt battery to terminals 2 and 3 to check for cotinuity, Did this on both sides bro to check. Module is checking out just fine. ALTHOUGH i havnt cleaned these parts with any type of cleaner. I did manage to buy electrical plug cleaner, Just havnt had the time. Car is sitting at a friends house. I live in apartment buildings, and if your car is broke down your not allowed to have it here. Im not understanding how one minute the car would fire up everytime, then the next just crank and crank. Is there a possibility with his fast driving on the roll back he knocked something loose?
Aslo checked for water in the plugs, Everything looks good man Just not getting spark. Im down to 1 car now. The talon is giving me problems aswell. So me and my wife are stuck with the Grand-am. My parents are driving down this weekend to haul the car back to there house (300 miles away) and replace the clutch, and get her firing for me.Yea mom just got $45k from a past marrage and the guy past away and left her as sol barrier of his will. She isint gonna let my little boy be stuck here at the house in case of emergency. I love my parents

Old 09-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

I wish my mom would bail me out j/k.

I am wondering if you have a problem w/ the pcm itself. Get a test light and see if your getting an injector pulse.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:25 PM

While i was cleaning the car up today i noticed this

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=10924463

I dont know what it is but it has 2 vacumm lines running off it.
One is going to the waistgate other is going into the intake piping right b4 the maf. This also has an electrical connector onto it. Is it possible cause this fell off my firewall its supposed to be grounded??? Causing my car not to start???
Thanks Guys

Old 09-24-2008, 10:45 PM

That's the stock electronic boost controller. You'll get a CEL if it's not electrically connected, but that won't keep it from starting. Sorry bro.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:57 PM

Boost controller? Are you sure bro? I did not see any way to adjust this.
Are you sure its not supposed to be grounded?

Old 09-24-2008, 11:06 PM

You can't adjust the stock boost controller, it is set from the factory.

Quick Reply: 95gst cranking... cranking... cranking...