Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   aftermarket speed controller (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/aftermarket-speed-controller-21911/)

Catch22! 09-04-2007 09:33 PM

aftermarket speed controller

Would like to put a speed control on a 97 RS. Anyone installed an aftermarket? In looking at the RS, there are a lot of extra wires and connections. Did Mitsubishi use the same wiring harness for all types? That is, is the wiring for a factory speed control already in the RS?

bestwiseguy 09-04-2007 11:11 PM

RE: aftermarket speed controller

probably not. neither the rs, gs, or gsx had governers. are you trying to put a factory harness on the rs or is it a aftermarket.

Sebba 09-04-2007 11:15 PM

Why would you want to put speed control on it... it takes about 18 hours to reach 80mph anyways lol

Kaede.Noir 09-05-2007 01:10 AM

^ ahahaha true dat.... want speed control? get an auto tranny <talks by experience

atown420 09-05-2007 12:09 PM

why would you want to do that? is it to fast for you? i dont get why you would want one of those are you thinking it will help you speed up as well?

Kaede.Noir 09-05-2007 12:52 PM

ive heard of tunners who put them in for valet parking and when they share the car with dumb people, but, besides the valet, i see it pointless

RCJr9186 09-05-2007 01:31 PM

i'm also curious... the only reason i can think of is that you are a parent and this is your kid's car and you don't want him/her going over a certain speed but if this is not the case than i'm afraid i don't understand either.

Sebba 09-05-2007 02:37 PM

There arent a lot of speed laws you are able to brak in a 420a lol.

The only thing i can think of... would be to put a bolt on the throttle body to stop it from opening all the way... man i would hate to be your child.

Catch22! 09-05-2007 08:15 PM

Well you are partly right. It is my son's car. No I did not mean speed control to keep the speed down, I ment one that keeps it at a set speed. Son is 6'4 and his leg gets cramped on his drive back and forth to college.

While we have been working on the car. I noted that there are a number of "extra" wiring connections. I am betting that Mitsubishi only used one wiring harness for all their cars. I have seen this in other vehicles. It would be nice to put in a factory cruise control, but the aftermarket units such as the Audiovox cc-150 appear to be workable. Just wondered if anyone had put one in.

BTW. If you want a great anti-theft or anti valet parking system all you have to do is hook up one of the auxiliary Tachometers that has a warning light on it. Take the light lead and wire it in so when it comes on the engine cuts out. Put a hidden switch in to turn the lead on and off and set the tach at a low rpm.

Kaede.Noir 09-05-2007 08:58 PM

Ok now that one last part was really interesting...... nice!! too bad i dont like the light tachs hehe