2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Alarm System

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Default Alarm System

I am thinking about getting an alarm system for my car, can anyone tell me what would be a good one to get? Also does anyone know if insurance companies give discounts for that kind of thing?

Old 11-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Default RE: Alarm System

clifford is a good name in alarms, well typically.. mine effed me over, but thats kinda a different story in its own lol. but as far as the insurance discount, you would probably have to talk to your insurance company about it

Old 11-11-2007, 08:09 PM

Ok, how did your's eff your over?

Old 11-11-2007, 09:03 PM

eh the battery in the remote died and i ended up getting locked outta my car in the freezing cold, and the anti-theft thing didnt let me start it since the alarm was going off. so basically i had to open the hood and tear out the siren so people stopped looking at me like i was trying to break into it lol. but i ended up leaving there overnight and came back the next day in the middle of a snow storm trying to disable the system so i could drive it away.

but they are typically good alarm systems. you can get it so the remote tells you if somebody is even pulling your door handle even when your far away from your car (like if your at school or something). And as i previously stated, if the alarm is going off, the theft deterent doesnt allow you to start the car.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:56 PM

hmmm, that sounds pretty sweet! Thanks!

Old 11-11-2007, 10:13 PM

lol sound like ur car alarm did its job.. i had a similar story but you should be able to disable the alarm with the valet switch that comes with the alarm. my insurance gave me 30 doller discount. Since there was an alarm installed, and starter disable. Get a pager alarm so that way if somebody does anything you can catch them in the act lol.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:21 PM

i got a shelby car alarm it starts my car it also has a turbo timer if ur car is turbo and a lot more i love my alarm i got mine for 400

Old 11-12-2007, 01:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Nubiebubie_GSX

lol sound like ur car alarm did its job.. i had a similar story but you should be able to disable the alarm with the valet switch that comes with the alarm. my insurance gave me 30 doller discount. Since there was an alarm installed, and starter disable. Get a pager alarm so that way if somebody does anything you can catch them in the act lol.
o it did its job alright. i didnt know where the valet switch was tho cause im not the one that installed it lol. but i called the previous owner and he directed it to me, then all i had to do was figure out what to do lol

Old 11-12-2007, 04:11 PM

I had a computstar alarm on my gsx. 3/4 mile range 2 way pager and it was awesome. You can get starting options and turbo timer options built right in. It can get pricey though. The alarm installed was like 300$. But you can tell if someone is breaking into you car. If you are within the range of the remote it will make sound and vibrate showing you what is open on your car. So if your inside your home sleeping or something in the middle of the night and your pager starts going off you will be alerted that someone is in your driving stealing your stuff haha. I would suggest looking them up and checking it out.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:11 PM

Yah the viper one i have doesn't have a built in turbo timer or auto start. Didnt want to have that feature just incase somebody other than me decides to push the start button. .It claims to have a 1 mile range but doesn't work even when ur across the street. its the viper5000 model. Go with compustar i hear alot of good from them also its in the same price range.

Quick Reply: Alarm System