2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

alright guys i need ur help...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 01:53 AM
Default alright guys i need ur help...

i was racing a friend a while back and i wrecked into a guard rail,neways ever since then my car has a hard pull to the right. i got a alignment dont but still no change so i guess something is bent down there(by the way i hit the passenger front side) but ive taken good looks at my uppper and lower control arms and nothing seems bent, and when i drive the steering wheel has to be at 11oclock for me to go straight and my tires make the peel out sound all the time and its killing my tires and the tires wareout on the inside,any thoughts??

Old 08-29-2007, 02:06 AM
Default RE: alright guys i need ur help...

Uhm, could it be THE FRAME is damaged?

Old 08-29-2007, 02:13 AM

HOPE NOT!!! but i was lookn at the frame and it doesnt look bent

Old 08-29-2007, 02:36 AM

It could be anything suspension related. The innner/outer tie rods, balljoints, upper/lower control arms, it could even be the recall control arm. There's really no telling without a laser alignment. If you had a pro alignment done and they couldn't find the issue, you may want to go and get someone else to look at it and tell them the situation bro. You may even want to get a body shop to check for you too if you're worried about it being frame damage.
A part of the suspension could be twisted.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:54 AM

Wow, Im looking at my post, and I didnt realize I wrote it, and I was thinking what a dick... lol, that didnt come out right, it wasnt supposed to sound sarcastic like that LMAO...

Old 08-29-2007, 03:01 AM

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

It could be anything suspension related. The innner/outer tie rods, balljoints, upper/lower control arms, it could even be the recall control arm. There's really no telling without a laser alignment. If you had a pro alignment done and they couldn't find the issue, you may want to go and get someone else to look at it and tell them the situation bro. You may even want to get a body shop to check for you too if you're worried about it being frame damage.
A part of the suspension could be twisted.
thanks for the info man, where can i get a pro alignment with a laser?? from a dealer? and could anything be damaged the driver side as well?

Old 08-29-2007, 03:32 AM

I don't know about your area and if the alignment shops use laser, but they might. Sears autoshop may, I don't know though. They're all over the place here.
The tie rods of the driver's side could have been affected, but nothing else. It also depends on how hard you hit the rail. If you hit it with some force, you could have warped, twisted some components and you could have also messed up your steering rack. I would bet the inner and outer tie rods before your steering rack though.
Think of a bolt and it's nut. Put that nut through a vise, thread the bolt in, and give the bolt a good wack with a hammer and see if it slides through a few threads, that's what could have happened to the outer since it's just threaded with a lock nut to hold it still. Not to forget about the inner since it's threaded too
That at least half the cars weight, plus the speed, plus a sudden stop at that very moment on that wheel. If you were trying to turn but slid into the rail, I'm going with inner/outer tie rods.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:14 AM

how hard is it pulling? this was happening to me and it could just be a simple issue of needing to rotate your tires, i did that it stopped pulling completely... just a thought

Old 08-29-2007, 09:58 AM

well if you let go of the steering wheel the car takes off to the right pretty good,but yes i was trying to turn and i hit say about 55-60 i really expected alot more but just a bent fender and the problems with the pull

Old 08-29-2007, 03:17 PM

problem with the pull= "a lot more" lol

Quick Reply: alright guys i need ur help...