2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Another damn clutch problem!!!! (Updated)

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Default Another damn clutch problem!!!! (Updated)

I know ive seen a thread on this before but i cant find the damn thing lol. Today I was getting some lunch and was puting the car in gear to drive off but had a difficult time getting it into first, I basically had to force it into gear. I had the same problem with all the other gears. The pedal has full pressure and i did not see any leaks around the master/slave cylinder, and the resevoir was still full. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this. The clutch is a act 2100 lb. clutch and i just had it installed a little less then 5 months ago.
DSM STRIKES AGAIN [:@]

EDIT: Source of the problem is bad slave cylinder. Having both master and slave replaced.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Default RE: Another damn clutch problem!!!!

Do you have to pump the clutch to get it into gear. Is it only 1st? have you check your clutch release valve. On the 420A is located infront of the trans near the motor mount.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:39 PM

Even after i pump the clutch it still wont go into gear, and it does it in all gears not just 1st. Im hoping its just the master or slave cylinder, i dont want to have to go through changing the clutch again,I will be one pissed off white boy lol.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:41 PM

hmm all gears.... Im guessing Syncros. Is that clutch job still under warranty? Hows your transfluid looking? Also check behind you clutch pedal for fluid leaks I know you said you checked you masterclyinder but Im wondering where have you looked.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:52 PM

I lookedbehind the clutch pedal and its fine. I highly doubt its the syncros though, I might think that if it was only one gear but not all of them lol. I'm almost positive its either the clutch or master/slave cylinder. I tried to adjust the clutch to see if that helped at all but it didnt. The clutch has felled like its been slipping a little in first recently, but not in any other gear. I dunno, im thinking about lighting the car on fire though .

Old 03-03-2008, 05:01 PM

I was thinking syncros.. I cant imagine your clutch being shot already unless you are a really bad driver.. It almost sounds like the tranny might need fixing...

Old 03-03-2008, 05:13 PM

Well hell in that case id rather the clutch be ****ed up . Anyone got a FWD tranny for sale lol?

Old 03-03-2008, 05:15 PM

hmm. You have fluid in the cluth res, there are no visible fluid leaks around any of the clutch system parts, your adjustment and your pedal feelsis fine, it goes in gear just fine with the car off. you got me[:@]Unless some dirt go into your system. Try bleeding you system i think its a 10mm on the release valve bleeder screw. Check your trans fluid color as well hopefull you trans is not shot like TheAdvocate mentioned.

What type of eclipse do you have? year and model?

Why do you think its the master cylinde?

Old 03-03-2008, 05:25 PM

I have a 99 gst. I was thinking the master or slave cylinder because i know theclutch is new and is noteven close to being pushed to its limit. I know their is no leakin the lines anywhere because im not loosing fluids and i still have pressure. Hellwith my luck it probably is thetranny.I know my 3rd gear syncrowas goingout but it wasnt that bad. It would only grind if i try to downshift to third going around 60.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:12 PM

so we get the safc installed, got the wideband bung welded on, and now your car is screwed, great. just ****ing great.

Quick Reply: Another damn clutch problem!!!! (Updated)