2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

another sad sight

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 04:06 PM
Banned
Default RE: another sad sight

I dont get it. Engines dont sieze for no reason.

You say the oil was changed recently.... get a paper towel... pull the dip stick and wipe it... then tell me what the oil looks like

Old 08-11-2007, 04:15 PM

well it looks burnt. and its been 1324 miles since it was changed. but the car has alwayshad an oil problem. it seems to runoutta the cold air intake and very little outta the pcv hose. And when i brought it down about it the could see the oil but couldnt tell what caused it but told me that i was runnin a little high in the compression area and i appreciate the help guys

Old 08-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Banned

Yet your oil level was normal?

Something doesnt sound right. Sounds to me like the place that said they changed your oil lied. If thats the case then they would be responsible for replacing your engine/car.

Dont take this the wrong way... but either there is something your not telling me... or someone else is at fault

Old 08-11-2007, 04:31 PM

i did the timing belt and the oil and oil filter. But i have also noticed latelythat when i go to back into a space that sometimes it would stall or it would putter a little and then pick back up when i straitened out the wheel. as if there was to much strain on the engine. andthe oil is right under where it should be but i put half quart evry week. and that was this pastthurs

Old 08-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Banned

Well the reason for it almost stalling is the powersteering pump sucking too much power.... they do that lol.

Well, what have you learned?

Old 08-11-2007, 04:41 PM

i haved learned that you dont buy a mitsu with a chrystler motor. and my concern when i did the timin belt was puttin the crank pully back on. we did the crank it down with the bolt method like the book says to, but it stripped out the crank so it was tapped out and re threaded. and then my father put it on with a porter power tool that squeezed it on. which made me a little wery about the affects of pressin it on like so. maybe that ****ed up the crank on me donno

Old 08-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Banned

I highly doubt thats what caused it.

Your right about the chrystler motor... but when you see something wrong.. like an oil leak...FIX IT

Old 08-11-2007, 04:52 PM

i replaced the pcv valve but it still seemed to have a slight leak outta the hose. and when i brought it down they blamed high compession for the oil/sludge that comes into the cold air intake and pcv hose and said to take it to the dealer. But theyre to expensive, but lookin to brighter skies. i tried to swap a 4g63 into this car but it was really tight and i needed to move one of the motor mounts so i sold it then two weeks later the timin belt goes and now three weeks after that it craps out completly. so i wish i didnt sell the motor cause i had everything to do the swap but gave up

Old 08-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Banned

You cant swap it anyway... anyone on here will tell you that.

It had high compression... so thats why it leaked oil? Fire your mechanic RIGHT now. Better yet... d!ck slap him.

Time to save up for a GSX

Old 08-11-2007, 05:39 PM

it can be done its just not a weekend job like i had thought before. and now that its dead its not a daily driver so i can actually have my dads buddy cut out the tower and reposition the motor mounts and re drill for the crossmember to attach the roll stops. it fit in the compartment with out the exhaust manifold but left like three inches
between the fans and the motor so the mounts have to get slide back slightly into the strut towers to get clearence for the manifold but other than that didn't seem to see any problems. the axels and what not should still reach since its only a slight re positioning

Quick Reply: another sad sight